RSS 2012 MBI Marine Breeders Workshop – July 28th

Discussion in 'RSS Feeds' started by MASA Admin, 17 Feb 2012.

1. MASA Admin

MASA Admin Moderator

[​IMG]It’s official, the Marine Breeding Initiative’s 2o12 Marine Breeder’s Workshop is scheduled for July 28th. It will be held once again at the wonderfully inviting Cranbrook Science Institute, located in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. This year’s workshop will follow the same format as 2011; 4 speakers, lunch, and plenty of free time to mingle and interact directly with marine breeders from all around the country.

[​IMG]

The first speaker announced for 2012 is a new one to the MBI circuit, but an old favorite of everyone – Richard Ross. Rich will be presenting on “the nuts and bolts of established and cutting edge Cephalopod breeding and rearing techniques, as well as discuss the successful spawning and larval rearing attempts of other marine animals at the Steinhart Aquarium.”

More details on the MBI Workshop will come in the weeks ahead – stay tuned to Reef Builders, or *check out the MBI Website or MBI Facebook Page for ongoing updates as this event takes shape. It’s the one and only breeding-centric conference of its kind in the US, possibly the world, so you really don’t want to miss it! Start clearing your calendar for July 28th! If you’re even remotely on the fence, check out our coverage of the 2011 Marine Breeder’s Workshop to see what all the hype is about!

Readers also viewed:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More...

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Hmmm.... Someone from SA should go.

4. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

I wonder if one can learn something there. I highly doubt it.

@459b Would like to hear your opinion about this. You know my methods, you know what I'm planning to do. Do you think it would be worth it?

The DAFF spent a lot of cash to develop in Malmesbury a inland marine aquaculture area. They should rather spend some cash for things like that to keep the hobby going and creating jobs in a niche that hasn't been developed yet.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. 459b

459b Moderator

I think it would be worth it. The talks are probably going to be geared towards 'textbook' breeding methods, so no odd plastic thingies, but it would be interesting to see what new develments there are. As with most conferences/conventions, it's not always about gaining info in the actual talks. Much more is learnt by chatting during the social events.

Recent Posts