2 issues!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by sout, 17 May 2011.

1. sout

sout

Hey peeps

I have to issues one being white spot , how do i get rid of it?
    i bought 3 goldies and think they gave it to my other fish, now it just wont go away.
    I have used proto marin skin disease treatment but no joy, i have also sived the sand, and done water changes.

the second thing is still quite a shock as one of my clown fish has completely dissappeared:confused1:

I bought a tube anemone this weekend and have a Suspicion that it might have eaten my clown fish?? is this possible??

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

the best way to combat disease in fish uninvasivley is through vitimin additions to a well balanced food such as ocean nutrition etc.. feed small amounts frequently to make sure fish keep up their strength and can naturally fight off the disease.. perhaps adjust skimming to skim a little wetter to counteract the effects of the extra food being added.

the other is with a medication (is your system FOWLR or a Reef.) be cautions of copper based medicines as they will effect bacteria populations as well as microscopic invery live that could be keeping your system functioning properly.

but ultimatley we need more info and perhaps a pic or 2.

on the dissapearing clown:

it is possible that it was eaten by the tube anemone.. look around the tank as these anemones generally regurgetate their food.. :)

4. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

white spot, sorry, nothing that you do will treat it while on the fish. The whitespot digs in deep, under the skin. And is proteted by the fish slime layer.

Here, learn to know your enemy
    [​IMG]

Also, white spot is so small, I can not see how sifting your substrate will work. They cement themselves to the sand, livefrock, snail shells. Mature whitespot is like point two of a millimeter.

Look into setting up a quarantine tank and remove all your fish for at least 6 weeks. Then your display should be whitespot free. Good luck in curing the fish in your quarantine.

The missing clown, most likely died due to whitespot. If the water current did blow him or his corpse into the tube anemone, at least you have one happy tube. Mine got a dead Chromis last weekend.

Tube Anemones are reported as being fish killers. But they kill less than carpet anemones.

What colour Tube do you have?

Last edited: 17 May 2011
  5. sout

sout Thread Starter

It has white tenticles, and a briht yellow interior, with a brown body.
    I will try the quarantine my fish and see how it goes.

Recent Posts