2.6M tank for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
howzit guys.one of my friends is selling a 2.6*600*600 tank built with 10mm glass.lotsa bracing.the base was cracked slightly but has been patched up with another layer of 10mm glass.tank was run on copper.has 1* 50mm outlet.stand needs to be rubbed down and repainted.asking R1500.00 for collection only,he's based just outside Durban.let me know should anybody be interested.
cool
23112007216.jpg

Thanks Mekaeel - did not look that closely - was still a bit early in the morning for me!

Mekaeel, when you say the tank was run on copper, what do you mean?

It also means you could only use it for fish, no clean up crew - as the copper is toxic to them, still be a great fish only tank though:)

It also means you could only use it for fish, no clean up crew - as the copper is toxic to them, still be a great fish only tank though:)
I tend to disagree wee man i have modded many fo tanks that were run on copper to house corals, It is a bit of work but pretty simple.

All that is needed is to cut away all the sillicone seals , i mean all the seals, leave just the sillicone holding the tank together and reseal, the trick is to make a larger seal than the first, or a dbl seal, i like to do both, i have never had a problem with this method, and have converted a few tanks to date. :yeahdude:

I tend to disagree wee man i have modded many fo tanks that were run on copper to house corals, It is a bit of work but pretty simple.

All that is needed is to cut away all the sillicone seals , i mean all the seals, leave just the sillicone holding the tank together and reseal, the trick is to make a larger seal than the first, or a dbl seal, i like to do both, i have never had a problem with this method, and have converted a few tanks to date. :yeahdude:

Fair enough, but that is a hell of a lot of work, and not to be attempted by the amatuer knife wielder, but if you can do it properly, then your inverts will be sae.
I thought it prudent to point out just incase anyone was unaware of the affects copper has on inverts.:)

the guys gey way to picky over the wholecopper sstory! i was told thecopper will still be present in the glass even after extensive cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom