1st time to try marine aquarium

Reaction score
hi every1... i am new to marine keeping, started with a 100l tank, its cycling now with sand live rock, salt water and filtration and have been adding bacteria drops. Temperatures a consistent 26 deg.
So what do i need to do??
I will be getting a 250l tank in a mth or so and plan to use the smaller 100l for the sub tank and then will cycle the 250l and get the protein skimmer and external cannister filter etc.
I would appreciate all advice

Subaman

hey scubaman:) welcome to masa and congrats on starting that tank off:)

excelent to hear you have live rock in there, any ideas on what type and how many Kg's?

youve got a little waiting to do now, let the tank settle itself down, let all the cycles happen and soon (4-7 weeks from start) things wil,l be going far smoother. There is so much to learn in Marines but its a facinating hobby. Masa really will help you alot so if you have any question feel free to ask, we love to help.

i dont know what those bacteria drops are, could you post a pick of the bottle, lets see if you actually need them :) my gut feel is that you dont, but lets see:)

that second tank sounds great too, but lets get the 100l cycled for now:)

happy posting

Last edited:
my guy feel
siss crispy:nono:
welcometomasa scubaman. It seems that since i've got onto this forum some time ago there seems to be a few scuba... people popping up, i think i've started a trend:thumbup: Hope you enjoy your stay by the way, and to my knowledge we now have two members from kuwait here on this forum. Looks like were are expanding:p

Welcome to MASA, enjoy your stay with us. Read as much as you can through the forums and look at other reefers setups to give you an idea of what to plan or what you want in the end. Just be patient, good things take time in marines and disasters can hit you quickly. Let the tank finnish the cycle and make sure your water tests fine before adding a clean up crew like snails and hermit crabs. Read this link below - great info ;)

Back
Top Bottom