170W LED Re-build

MAJOR SETBACK

Last night when i was working on the light i switched two of the drivers. One of the Royal Blue ones and the Cool White. i realized that before i conected the LEDs to the driver but the drivers were already wired to the AC and also glued to the box etc. etc. So i decided that it was not a big issue since both drivers were set to 1200mA

BIG MISTAKE

i never thought about the fact that one driver is set to 1200mA to work with 16 LEDs and the other only with 11.. well at least i didn't think that was gonna make a difference, well it did and it blew most of the blue and white LEDs connected to those drivers. i'm still gonna do damage control and check how many LEDs do i have to replace exactly but as from last nights count it was about 10 white and about 7 blue :( . . .very sad, very sad

OH NO.......

So sorry to hear about this. :(

I am sure you'll have it fixed in no time. Good Luck.

@coralline .. you can have the heatsink for free i wont be needing it. but with this latest developments i think i'll keep the white LEDs and the thermal adhesive i was gonna give them to you but now i thin i'll try and save some money since i'll have to order from RapidLED

Thanks buddy, that's very kind of you. Completely understandable that you'll require all the other bits in order to get you light fixed up.

I'll PM you my address and hopefully you can reply with your banking details (or alternative method of payment e.g. PayPal). ;)

this serves two purposes.. one its my distress toy when clients and suppliers get on my nerves and two its what i call THE DISCOUNT CUBE, client comes to my shop.. asks for a ridiculous discount... i give him the cube and tell them that if they solve it in less than 5 min they get the discount they wanted.
no one has ever managed :) .. my personal best is 1m53sec

Hahaha, nice strategy to maintain your profitability! 1m53sec is pretty darn quick:yeahdude:

hey @Wiley. I was planing on buying 10 royal blues and 10 white ... but I can get from you as much as you can spare .. just name the price man you will be saving me so much headaches

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom