Admin
Reaction score
haha, I love his username :p

Damn photobucket is not playing nice with me tonight :(

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Damn photobucket is not playing nice with me tonight
seems to be a problem all round at the moment, SA is having problems with ADSL at the moment.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
SA is having problems with a lot of things at the moment.....:whistling:

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Bloody hell... is just about all I can utter at this stage. Awesome! :thumbup:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike! They MUST be very scarce! U have never seen them, neither heard of them?
I have heard of them, they are the largest of the clown fish family, my only concern is the fact that, as they are paired for life, should one die then the other dies very quickly after, not only that, they have never spawned in captivity, should brings in a bit of a maral debate, should we have them in reef tanks at all.

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I have heard of them, they are the largest of the clown fish family, my only concern is the fact that, as they are paired for life, should one die then the other dies very quickly after, not only that, they have never spawned in captivity, should brings in a bit of a maral debate, should we have them in reef tanks at all.
Very interesting question. But I suppose that can be asked of a lot of things we keep. Do you know this guys personally?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Very interesting question. But I suppose that can be asked of a lot of things we keep. Do you know this guys personally?
Well i've met him a couple of times, so not that well, but he is a top bloke, i had a good chat with him this morning about the tank and it's many inmates:)

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. Here in Jhb we don't get to see many really big systems. They seem to all be near the coast...wonder why?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. Here in Jhb we don't get to see many really big systems. They seem to all be near the coast...wonder why?
Hi Galibore - I am pretty sure that there MUST be some really awesome tanks there in Jhb? I mean - your's are NOT too shabby, hey!

The only thing I can think of, is that not too many Jhb/Pta reefers have joined MASA yet, and posted their pics yet....

Perhaps you should ask around next time you go to your LFS - whether they know other reefkeepers in the area...

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I would say - I get mine (NSW) at the 2 Oceans, at R130 per year membership, I can (not that I do - don't have enough containers) fetch 400 litres of water PER WEEK, for the whole year! How much does that equate to? Including my diesel in my Jeep? Say R10 for the diesel cost (both ways), etc. etc...