12000l Shark tank

Reaction score
This is a 12000l shark tank under construction. Two blacktip reef sharks wil be kept in here, with sting rays and a couple of other fish.
I will ad the whole construction procedure later.

P5100006.jpg

P5100005.jpg

P5100004.jpg

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
WOW
Very very nice , please please keep posting pics

once again WOW:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Reaction score
this a very cool tank !! wow it will look awsome with some stingrays and catsharks!! howevr it isnt nearly large enough for reef sharks

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
This is utter madness, brilliant, but total lunacy, well done fella, keep us posted.:thumbup:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with Calvin, We dont want to harm these beautiful creatures

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
dude once again please can I urge you not to put reef sharks into this system it is not suitable at all the minimum length for a tank containing reef sharks is around 22m accomidating there rest-glide-recovery sequence. please take this warning seriousley!! as your sharks will die a slow painfull death in that tank

regards

calvin
I agree with Calvin, We dont want to harm these beautiful creatures
To be honest, i agree too, but i reckon that would be an amazing reef tank, think of the tangs and triggers you could have:thumbup:

Muz

Reaction score
Insane tank.. georgeous !

Reaction score
it would be pefrect for sharks like bamboo ,wobbygong and stingrays

Reaction score
Regardless of what will be kept in this tank, I would like to know more about the design. It looks like there will be no sump (judging by the skimmer above the tank) therefore no overflow as well. Please give us all the specs of this awesome monster.

Reaction score
hi, everyone. i have done some homework before we started this insane project.
the minimum size tank recomended was 10000l,so i opted for 12k. thanks for everyones concern and i agree we do love these beauty's. it was sugested by the supplier in indonesia that we should lower the temp. on the system to 22. that will limit their matabolism so i don't have to feed them so often, to restrict their growth.
the skimmer is a deltec 1004 supplied by a 22000l/h pump.a fluidisedbed filter is doing some of the hard work. the bio filter is six koi pond filters each capable of 25000l loads. we also change 3000l of water every 6weeks.

Reaction score
ernist your supplier has simply lied to you!!
please contact any of the following people ,Anthony Calfo ,Steven Pro ,or Sare(sihaya) on the site!
the sharks will die in your tank ! please take read trrrough pages on wet web media ,reef central ,monster fish keepers and there are books and magazenes out there try the 4th C the journal by Anthony Calfo this touches on minimum tank sizes

It wold be nothing short of cruel to put these extreemly active reef sharks in a tank of this size
also your skimming is not nearly large enough for this system and I would suggest you aim for some sort of sump for this system

kind regards

calvin

Reaction score
hi, everyone. i have done some homework before we started this insane project.
the minimum size tank recomended was 10000l,so i opted for 12k. thanks for everyones concern and i agree we do love these beauty's. it was sugested by the supplier in indonesia that we should lower the temp. on the system to 22. that will limit their matabolism so i don't have to feed them so often, to restrict their growth.
the skimmer is a deltec 1004 supplied by a 22000l/h pump.a fluidisedbed filter is doing some of the hard work. the bio filter is six koi pond filters each capable of 25000l loads. we also change 3000l of water every 6weeks.
way to go guys! love your bravery to tackle something this size! cant wait to see the details as you complete the setup - wish i could do something similar cheers dave nyland

Reaction score
I`ve dived many times with Black Tips,and have to say there is no way that you should even consider putting them in that tank.I won`t repeat Calvins advice but I really think you should think this through.Your talking about fast,really fast moving sharks that are best left on the reef where they belong.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Erst, any updates on this amazing system of yours ??