10' & 20' Water filter housings as filter on Marine tank.

Reaction score
Hi,

Playing with the idea to add two 10' or 20' filter housings on my tank (Like the RO unit filter housings). One pre-filter and one carbon block. Tank is 600l total. Anyone doing something similar? Need to know how often the filters need to be replaced. Just a guide line (I know tank waste loads differ). But curious what size pump you are running and how often maintenance/replacing is necessary on. Pros & Cons basically. I just want to polish the water bit more.

RiaanP

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes can be done, BUT
Check that you get those with the bigger threaded connection points. Not the small connections as on RO units. The small one would need a return pump that will last with a lot of back pressure. The bigger connections would allow any pump and normal flexible hosing and connections can be used.

I got one of these filled with Seachem Matrix on a nano tank. Works nice.

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply.

Yes can be done, BUT
Check that you get those with the bigger threaded connection points. Not the small connections as on RO units. The small one would need a return pump that will last with a lot of back pressure. The bigger connections would allow any pump and normal flexible hosing and connections can be used.

I got one of these filled with Seachem Matrix on a nano tank. Works nice.
Hi,

Did exactly that, and the through put doubled. Load shedding not helping, but will monitor how long the filter will last.