1,5 meter

so inbox.. i could swing around. thats the best. give an adress and a time and i will confirm???. dont think that there is fault. maybe just some changes?

Over the weekend, just phone before coming through

Last edited:
guys my salinity is 1.022 at 24 degrees. someone at the pet store said that I should leave it at 1.022 because it helps get rid of the white spot? any one can verify or should I boost it back to 1.024-1.025.

someone at the pet store said that I should leave it at 1.022 because it helps get rid of the white spot?
wow...
Hypo salinity is below 1.019. and only then does it effect the whitespot cycst.

If you have corals, rather get it up to where it belongs.

Start with your sump, if there is still changes to make. Then your tank and let it go trough the hole cycle of six week test and if you have to white another week so be it. Take your time and at the end its going to be worth it. :thumbup:

hi Ahmed. you are already getting great advise from the members here and surely with everyones help your tank will soon be blossoming again.
i think your sump is very poorly designed and indeed quite inefficient. this should be one of the first issues that you should address when you start cycling the tank again.
the first problem i see is that there is a lot of foam build up above your skimmer chamber and the reactor in the second chamber. look at #1 this is caused by the water which is at the same level in the third and fourth chambers. in each chamber of the sump the water has to be few centimeters lower than in the previous chamber in order to allow the surface of the previous chamber to be skimmed properly. look at #3. the partition between the skimmer and the reactor chambers could be converted to a bubble trap. look at #2.
user7938_pic9379_1369335672.jpg

i also think that the filter wool that you have in the fourth chamber of the sump is also quite inefficient because the water is not forced through it but instead it flows over like in #3 on both pictures.
again if you look at #4 it looks like the surface of the water is very still. that could be corrected very easily by making the glass #5 about 5cm. shorter to about the line i marked #6.
user7938_pic9390_1369335783.jpg

i would seriously consider rebuilding the sump and having it done properly. i love designing sumps and if you like i could send you few drawings, just send me the dimensions of the sump you want and what equipment you like inside. i could even help you with building the sump but unfortunately i live in Swaziland.

oh and :welcometomasa2: to MASA :)

user7938_pic9379_1369335672.jpg

user7938_pic9390_1369335783.jpg

Last edited:
Hi hot Sauce thanks so much for the awesome advice. well I have great news since all f you have so awesome with the advice I started fixing all the little problems and sorting out the tank and its 2 weeks now and to me the tank looks so much better. I'm so excited now and I hope that my quest for a perfect reef tank will come true. I'll be adding a few pics of the tank presently.

so in the nest month or so will introduce couple new fish, any good suggestions for calm coral reef safe fish that are hardy as well

I would definitely have a Foxface they are great algae eaters..calm and just a stunning fish

so parameter update

salinity @1.24\33
ammonia: 0
nitrite:0
nitrate: 2
phosphate :0.1
alkalinity: 8.3
temperature: 24 at night 24.8 during the day.
all in all the tank looks awesome

so am deciding to remove my MH and go with LEDS? which brand would you suggest. really impressed with the intellisun LEDS ? need something good for lps and sps

Go with the ecotech marine radions.. best lights u can get...

Back
Top Bottom