1.2m overflow options

Travis1

(wilsontravy)
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Looking at upgrading to the 1.2 m fairly soon. I was thinking of having a C2C overflow, as i like the concept of the overflow. would this overflow be a good choice? or should i stick to the corner/ centre overflow as usual?

I want thinking about c2c overflow. I decided against it cause it takes up more realestate and if you want 3 vieeing angles it's an issue. If anything gets stuck in there it's hard to remove. I went with corner overflow and it's working great. Just my opinion.
Apparently the c2c does work better as there is more surface agitation. I directed one of two Wavemakers to the surface to get more movement.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm keen to do c2c. Guys are there any negatives about c2c?

The c2c I'm looking at wont be such an eye sore either, just a small rectangular box on the back top.

The only annoyance was the shadowing on my previous setup

Thanks for the feedback, How is the noise from the c2c overflow? i dont want any gargling noises as the tank sits in my office.

It will depend on ur piping design. Durso, herbie or bean animal overflows are known to be silent. I had the bean animal and it was totally silent.

Im giving the riaanp's soil vent valve a try on my current build. Unfortunately its not wet yet so cnt tell u of the outcome just yet

Thanks @Hammerhead . Do you have ny pictures of the bean animal overflow?

Thanks for the info. What about having an external C2C with the bean animal overflow?? This way it wont take up any real estate.

So the only problem with an external ctc overflow is cutting the back glass, to cut out a small section in the centre is difficult.
One option i've thought about is making the back pane slightly lower than the rest of them and making the box the same width as the rest of the tank, if anyone has some adive on this it would be appreciated?

So the only problem with an external ctc overflow is cutting the back glass, to cut out a small section in the centre is difficult.
One option i've thought about is making the back pane slightly lower than the rest of them and making the box the same width as the rest of the tank, if anyone has some adive on this it would be appreciated?

Thats exactly how i was going to do it!

This is what i want, but with the proper bean animal overflow.. Now just to speak to suppliers to help me build it.
ExternalCoast-to-Coast.png

Glass companies can do a cutout no problem. Only problem with keeping the entire back panel lower than the rest is the bracing.

Glass companies can do a cutout no problem. Only problem with keeping the entire back panel lower than the rest is the bracing.

What if i would have to go with 12mm glass, no bracing would be required then?

I guess so if properly designed.[/QUOTE]

Do you know of any tank builers in Durban? I have spoken to a LFS and waiting now for almost 2 weeks for a price still no luck. have sent qualipet a direct email too. no luck either.

You could try George at Tunze but last i saw him his leg is pretty beat up but he may know someone if he's not up to it.
Tunze SA in the sponsor forum

Back
Top Bottom