Your worst Reef Keeping traits...

Reaction score
What are some of those bad habits you just can't seem to break..

Some of mine are:
After fiddling in my tank I use my Bath towel to dry my hands - continously get chided for that.
Leave the paper towel I've used for polishing the glass on the coffee table - almost every time !!
Spill kalk on the kitchen table and leave it there..

Used to have my hands in the tank all the time but thankfully I've broken that habit.

Being married at the same time.
Having a credit card run permanently at its limit.
Scheming of ways to buy a BK skimmer.

sheesh i got a long list some of them are
every time i walk past the tank,gotta stick my hand in for something or the other
when rinsing Carbon with RO in my white bathroom sink,just leave it that way to remain black.
when doing water changes,spill water all over the floor,and hoping evaporation takes care of it,well it does but leaves a nice salt stain on the floor.
when i make water with synthetic salt i always leave the cup on the toilet pan
the list goes on.....

If I get A.N.G.R.Y to post we will run out of server space.:biggrin:

Leaving the floor wet.
Seeing my credit Card as a reefkeeping target
Kalk on the kitchen counter
Test strips on the kitchen counter
wet stanley blades that end up rusting on the kitchen counter
wet paper towels on the kitchen counter
Phosphate media and carbon on the kitchen floor when emptieng and filling the reactor
etc etc etc

I'd say not doing water changes... Decided my next system has to have a very automated water change system because that's the only way it's going to get done!

Other than that there's just generally a whole lot of clutter around the flat at the moment. You know buckets, test kits, supplements, etc.

Leaving the R/O unit on and flooding the garage, using all the tea towels and dripping water all over the carpet:blushing:

Telling my wife that luckily it was on special so we could afford it.

Last edited:
I break things.

Recently I broke the neck off my skimmer cup :(

nah, a tube of pvc weld glue and she's as good as new :D

Also I tend to drop electrical things into my tank, like light fittings, plugs etc.

Back
Top Bottom