**** you eskom!

Reaction score
Nothing like getting home on a Friday night after a few beers to find out power has been down since 07:30 this morning, the tank is ice cold, clowns look pale and not much happening in the tank. Return pump was still running through the ups but managed to organise a little gennie from an ex reefer up the road, hooked up the 2 jäger heaters and the return so hopefully all will be ok tomorrow, set my alarm for 2am to refill the gennie. Viva new SA!!!

Shame bru. Yep... SA electricity= 'shocking':( Good Luck

sorry bro! I know how it is

so sorry to hear:( i cant tell you the difference it makes having a stable supply of electricity, its just not something i have to worry about. hope the water temp comes up over night, and that power returns soon as possible

Power back on, temp is 18.6:(
600 litres won't heat up too quickly so should be alright. Hopefully no losses

hate power outages! luckily you got the gennie nw... tuesday night the power went out at 7 and the gennie didnt want to start so I had to circulate water manually and heat the room with gas heaters through the entire night till the next morning at 10 at which point my dad returned with a new gennie...

the outage lasted 16 hours and 40 minutes ... it took the technician 15minutes to fix the problem but more than 16 hours to come out after numerous phone calls .. eskom .:yeahdude:

Hope everything turns out well and good luck

Sorry Gaboon, also stay in North Riding fortunately I was home the whole day, but man was I stressed. My UPS help up well and because I have RSM250 (they are like electric blankets in summer and winter) I only had to plug in my heater to my small generator at 6pm.

Bet you no ESKOM fat cat knows anything about feeling the cold and keeping marines!

Nick, I have a 5Kva gennie if you want to borrow it to get some extra juice in the tank if you want?

Well everything looks ok, fish are thawing out. Tank temp is 21.9 now so heating up gradually. I knew it went out before I left for work, when I phoned at 15:30 they said it had been restored and hour earlier! Just relieved everything seems ok. Thanks Tony, it should be alright. Just goes to show a UPS is not enough in Winter, if this happened in the begininning of the week the temp would have been even lower

DUDE witbank is bad f*&(^ing eskom people F*&(ed my Tank lost my all my sps's and 30cm monti

:( :( :(

sorry to hear...
even though i have backup, i found heat packs at my chemist, bought a few, you crack them open, they heat etc, i add them to a bag of water and then float that in sump and tank, works well and not to expensive as u use them them backup power runs out

18 should not kill anything...my pool went down to around 15.5 when my heater went bang. No idea how long it was off for but it took a few days to get it back to 24 with 3300watts of heaters. Only think to suffer was the BTAs they went from 15 to about 25 :p

Back
Top Bottom