wrasse and there metamorphous to adult,was suprise this time

pkc

Reaction score
Over the years we have seen and collected heaps of wrasse, some rare some common and at one stage that is what I used to try to get regularly and replace with something new when we would go out, as wrasse had become my favourite fish to have in my tank back than.
The other day on one of the aandtsociety collecting trips, (the trip photos will be in our- snorkelling, boating—etc section later in the week once I have all the pics organised) two wrasse in particular were caught and I had no idea that they were the same fish, juvenile and adult, a couple of us have seen heaps and caught heaps of these fish and for the life of me I had no idea that they were the same fish.
I hate using Latin names and scientific terms,(for personal reasons from over 20 years back) not that I know many of them, but this macopharyngodon meleagris made me think that I should have known that.
We get several varieties of coris wrasse, quite a few femininus, blubber lip, reindeer wrasse, there are quite a few out here and some complete quite a unique change from juvenile to adult.
This little fish, I thought was just a leopard wrasse, some times red mostly green, actually became that very colourful aqua blue adult that to me was may be a checker board, I never bothered knowing its actual name.
Out there is a constant learning curb in catching your own species, even a common little fish like this one offered up something unnoticed for me to make it another small part of a fantastic day out.
The ocean is so incredibly diverse and constantly changing and no matter how long you do this, there is far more to be seen and learnt yet.
These are the pics of the juvenile and the adult caught the other day.
Macropharyngodon-meleagris--.jpg

_meleagris-juvenile--.jpg

Nice Wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom