Would any1 like a sea cucumber for free in fourways area

Reaction score
i am buying a 400l tank from Sandton aquatic and they are going out of bussiness so i got tank,filter,chiller,sump all for 4grand it also comes coral but it has a sea cucumber i am giving all the frags in it to my friend but he doesnt want the sea cucumber if you want it PM me and i can email you pictures its for free btw

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed your contact info, you do not want 50 telephone salesmen phoning you.

and rather post a picture.

Dibs dibs!!!
Im in pretoria & can collect anytime!!!
Will pm you now!

picture.php

picture.php

What will cause a sea cucumber to eviscerate or expel its tubules? Well, as mentioned earlier, if a sea cucumber is attacked by a predator or is damaged by a filter or pump, it may engage in one of these two behaviors. But, it may also do so if it is handled in or out of the water, or if it is exposed to sudden changes in water temperature, pH or oxygen levels. The latter can occur if a pump should fail, if the sea cucumbers are exposed to crowded conditions, if a tank is overfed, or if organisms should die in a smaller tank, a new tank or a tank with inadequate biological filtration.

Looks like Pseudocolochirus violaceus

Let someone else rather confirm, but this one in the link does release a toxin when stressed...

Last edited:
That isnt a true sea cucumber, it is in fact a sea apple (Pseudocolochirus violaceus) which is quite difficult to care for & they are extremely poisonous to all livestock in a tank when stressed or dies!
They are very closely related to sea cucumbers but unlike sea cucumbers (detritus eaters), they are filter feeders which requires to be fed supplementally every couple days!
Sorry keegz001, i will have to withdraw my dibs as i do not have a large enough systen to house one!

say don't be afraid. I had one for over a year before it started to shrink. (my water column did not have enough food for this fine feeder) It got closer and closer to dying so I just removed it.

If you do get one don't worry too much about the power heads unless there are large gaps. The apple is not going to squeeze its way through the vents.

They are an incredible conversation piece and my bright red one caught everyone's attention first. Very cool specimen to attempt to care for.

Back
Top Bottom