Worm ID?

Reaction score
I saw this in the morning when the lights came on sticking out of one of the Vietnam rocks...

What the .........:eek::eek:

34494decff629b433.jpg

34494decffac14d83.jpg

That is REALLY helpful

Sure I am glad to be of help!!!

But in all seriosness, I think worms in our systems are the most difficult to ID. I have also tried, but so little info is available on them, and aparantly they can change color, so even if you find one similar, the color differs and that throws you off track.

What I can say is from what I know, most of them are harmless to your coral and fish, as they are mostly scavengers that eat detritus. That said, just keep an eye on em if you can, if you see them chowing coral, then react.

Never seen anything like that before! Scary looking thing for sure! Isnt there a worm data base somewhere on the web?

Looks like Peanut Worm....

No it definately doesnt look like a Peanut Worm.

I think it is Earthworm Jim...

Here is a positive ID:

Earthworm%20Jim-b.jpg
Lol Jaco...it could very well be Earthworm Jim...Ah I loved that game when I was a kid.

hi Rakabos,
that worm looks exactly like a tubeworm without a tube, with its head/crown missing(bitten off...)
are you not missing a tubeworm?

hi Rakabos,
that worm looks exactly like a tubeworm without a tube, with its head/crown missing(bitten off...)
are you not missing a tubeworm?

Now that u say that and I look at it again you could be onto something there.

I remember a few years back a local tube worm I had losing its crown and after constant attacks from my heni jumping its tube...it did have a very similar appearance.
Posted via Mobile Device

Must agree with the tubeworm theorie. Rakabos, I know you say it is not, but you also say that the rock was only a week old in your tank. My money is on a tubeworm that was a hitchhiker inside the rock more than likely.

My experience with other worms is that they retract extremely fast if you try and catch them, so when I saw your initial photo with the tongs, I thought you must be "Daniels' Son..."

But now that I think about it being a tubeworm, it makes more sense...

Anyway, no need to speculate anymore though, as it is gone now. :lol:

A few options.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHw1tB9fp3y93fqNXttoWGh-JoiC9s7_Olg4BBL5tMzWGwOiRN.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyCyOz2avPtPJjzkj7d6K6wqhII1xb8SR8yob1Q-OGHnocG2ZX.jpg

2Q==

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops soem of the pictures never cam out. |Go to google images and google marine worms and marine polychaetes and see if your guys pops up

Back
Top Bottom