Wolves shallow reef (well almost) :)

Reaction score
ok guys i have not posted any pics of my setup which about 8 months old now, so i thought its about time.
Most of the rock and LPS was moved over from my previous 3 foot tank that was also about 8 months old.

current tank specs;

tank : 1800x600x400 (hence shallow reef) - just over 500 liters with sump
sump: 1500x450x400
lighting: 2 x 250 watt halides (14,000k)
skimmer: reefoct: extreme 200 rated for 1500L
Other equipment: resun chiller, reef octo phosphate reactor running my neo zeo, reef octo kalk reactor connected to a tunze osmolator, 40 litre RO chamber built into sump.
circulation: sump - lifetech return pump @ 4000l/h, in display - polario, seio m1500, seio m1100, sunsun 2 x 5000 L.

mix reef at the moment with some softies, LPS, and a few SPS frags, would like to go all SPS someday just love the colour.

tank is not looking the best right now as i just pulled out the 2 year old dsb from the sump and my nitrates shot off the charts, lost a couple frags :(, and KH a bit low now will need to up that. also started dosing vodka and micro bacter and a result seem to have some cyano issues.

things i will change soon of the setup is the hood which i hate currently, the tank is rimless so i will change the hood to a hanging one, picked up 2 great halides from Scuba that i will be using with some 20,000 K bulbs, and 2 X 54 watt actinics, and to build a cabinet to had the equipment.

ok enough talk heres some picks of current setup this should change in a week or so, the water is a bit murky coz i scaped the glass just before taking the photos.

IMG_0174.jpg

the hood i dont like

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

some funky coraline

IMG_0208.jpg

some top downs

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

some great corals in there man. U are really fortunate to have plating corroline algea in your tank, u can use them as frag plugs.

some great corals in there man. U are really fortunate to have plating corroline algea in your tank, u can use them as frag plugs.

thanks Z hope i can get some nice sticks now and fill the tank up

Nice frags! Maybe take some pics when the water is cleared up again;)

Hi Wolve! Tank is looking good. I suggest you stop dosing Vodka and MB7 until you get KH in order 6.5-8.5DKH. What is your current Alk level as well as your Ca?

hi Meks, i was thinking about stopping too, my ca is normally between 400-420, the kh though sits at around 5.5

Busy Weekend

Ok did some work this weekend, changed the hood :).

much happier with the 20,000k lights, and finally have actinics so the colours look great.

ok heres the new hood, excuse my DIY i really suck at it

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

my awesome little skimmer, this is half days worth of skimming (with no vodka so it looks brown normally its thick dark black)
IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

Ok did some work this weekend, changed the hood :).

much happier with the 20,000k lights, and finally have actinics so the colours look great.

ok heres the new hood, excuse my DIY i really suck at it

my awesome little skimmer, this is half days worth of skimming (with no vodka so it looks brown normally its thick dark black)

hi wolve your new changes look great :thumbup:

"much happier with the 20,000k lights, and finally have actinics so the colours look great."

what brand bulbs did you use ?

hi wolve your new changes look great :thumbup:

"much happier with the 20,000k lights, and finally have actinics so the colours look great."

what brand bulbs did you use ?

hi Preshan, thanks man, the actinics are reeftek, the halides are PLUSRITE which i must say im very happy with ahd the 14,000k before the 20's and i personally thought they were better then the BLV's i had before.

hey you live like 2 mins away from me you need to sell me some frags, and i would love to see that awesome tank of yours in person :)

hi Meks, i was thinking about stopping too, my ca is normally between 400-420, the kh though sits at around 5.5
Pick up your Alk to 6.5-8.5 DKH (NSW levels). Use bicarb to do so, and then keep your Ca and Alk stable using kalk. At the same time, while dosing bi carb, monitor your Ca level ;)

Back
Top Bottom