Wiring devices

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need some advise on wiring some of my kit. I am fast running out of plugs in my two 6x plug bars. I have a Ozone machine and a airpump (little one) right now that feeds the Ozone.

I want to wire the Air pump on the same plug as the Ozone machine. Reason:

1. I have run out of open plugs
2. If I put the Profilux into maintenance mode (while I am cleaning the sump or doing something similar) It turns off:

Skimmer
Return
Auto Topup
Ozone
Heaters
Reactors

But the air pump is currently directly powered, this means it starts bubbling the remaining water in the skimmer out.

If I can wire them together how, do I just cut the Ozone wire and join the air pump wiring there and insulation tape it all up?

Cut both cords, strip ends, and attach both live wires to live pin on plug and both neutrals on neutral pin of plug. No insulation tape required.

you can join any electrical items together safely as long as the current they draw is less than the rating for the plug, the socket etc
so if ozone is 3A and pump is 0.5A and you plug is rated for 3A not a good idea, will melt, so get a 5A plug top

you could use one of those resin sealing joints, we use them at the two oceans, very reliable and waterproof

Back
Top Bottom