Windows 7

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Has anybody downloaded and installed the new Windows 7?

I read this on their site, If you’re running Windows XP or the Windows 7 Beta, you’ll need to backup your data, then do a clean installation of the RC, then reinstall your applications and restore your data.

If that's right and it doesn't upgrade from winXP then there's no way I'll be buying it. Reinstall all my applications!!!!! No way.:(

i think warr and some others were talking about it somewhere. I was thinking about it but i wanted to let other people find all the bugs first and see if its worth it. Not too keen to lose my programs either cause i dont have all the back ups :(

I installed the RC and I could run my xp apps but had to sort out the ntfs permissions and everything for just about every app. I think it would be much easier to reinstall new. Besides, starting "fresh" is a good way to not have so many apps installed.

i have installed windows 7 on a unused laptop. i havent had time to fully play around on it. but first impressions are good.. just struggling to find drivers for my laptops soundcard.
now all i need is some spare time to actually use it! lol

there is no upgrade path to windows 7 as its a complete new kernal etc

there is a easy-transefer app but not supported and they might release a upgrade path soon, but its not definite

Back
Top Bottom