Where to find stiff airline tubing?

Reaction score
Hi all

i was wondering where i can find stiff airline tubing. we all know about the normal flexible one, but i want to try DIY (fist time!) a feeding station for baby brine and i would like to use the stiff airline tubing as opposed to a see thru straw. you never know what is leeching over time as they are only meant as once off products.

the airline tubing should be around 5mm thick diameter.

thanks all.

B

Puritech are way cheaper, I paid R3 per meter ex vat. Give them a call on 012 657 1010.

Last edited:
hi all

just an update on my stiff piping request...

the lfs didnt have any, but i found some sticks that fit quite nicely. They are the plastic sticks you find attached to balloons. I used the same idea as the following , with a little airline joiner cause the stick was too short.

The tub i used was a cheapy container that i got from westpack as well. The netting i used is from a fry hatchery i bought a while ago, unfortunately, the holes in the net are a bit big, even though i've doubled the netting, so i still need to work on placing the net so the holes overlap, so they are smaller. Baby brine are really small :tt2:

If anyone knows if any of my materials will leech chemicals, PLEASE let me know. i've read up about the different plastics and their recycling symbols which also represent how safe they are to reuse, but these didnt have any symbols since they are generally meant for once off use.

How will i know if its leeching any chemicals before its too late for my fish?

and here is my diy.

thanks for all your replies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom