Where to find a float switch

Reaction score
Can someone direct me to where I can find a float switch (in Gauteng - closer to JHB the better, considering I stay on east rand)?
I can't afford the auto top up units so I have to DIY but I have phoned all over the place looking for a float switch. I have read a few posts of guys suggesting DIY witha float switch of around R50 or R60 for the switch, all I have got so far is borehole floats and my tank is no where near 3m deep so that isn't going to work at all.

I have the rest of the bits n pieces, just need a switch and I can get building on it. I just don't know where to look anymore, I called a plce today and like usual - they will call me back but it doesn't look like the are going to.

Last edited:
ACDC, they by greenstone in edenvale. Or you can go to discount electrical in boksburg and they will order one from acdc for you. It is better to get it from acdc though, just make sure you get the right one as some of the ones they have are R200 and they look similar to the cheap one.

Next question, what are the odds of getting a pic so that when I head out there - I know exactly what it is that I am going to look for...right now, I feel somewhat stupid because I am really unsure but I know what end result I am after (RO auto-top-up), but also, if I don't ask I will never know.

I heard once that the only stupid question is a question not asked and a mistake is made as a result thereof - no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers. Then again, that could explain why people look at me funny when I ask some things ;) - they could think I am stark raving mad :p

Back
Top Bottom