What worm?

Reaction score
The other night I switched on my tank light by mistake to instantly see a wriggling white illuminous worm zapping around the tank, in a corkscrew fashion. I caught him quick. In the net it stopped moving, lost it whiteness which appeared to be a powder. It was 2cm long and looked like a thin earthworm 1mm thick.
Any ideas what it was. I hope it wasn't a good worm because I flushed it.

Don't know of anything resembling the description, did you maybe see any crop circles nearby, have any abduction dreams or have any pains somewhere uncomfortable recently?:73::lol:

Read on other forums about this type of worm but apparently it's difficult to id to any specific species and that it's probably nothing to be worried about!

this is a adult mantis...i had a juvinile...had no colour almost see through...and looked like an earthworm...only came out at night and zipped around my tank...thats why i say maybe a mantis....

When I caught the worm, that swims around in circles like a cork screw it looked exactly like an earthworm. Transparentish and yet pink (skin colour) in appearance.

P.s I've drawn a blank. What are zoa's?

When I caught the worm, that swims around in circles like a cork screw it looked exactly like an earthworm. Transparentish and yet pink (skin colour) in appearance.

P.s I've drawn a blank. What are zoa's?

Did you look up Epitoke worm?

Zoas are zooxalanthid (button) polyps

hey, that little worm is ok:thumbup: . got them in my NSS when i went two weeks back. also got the fright of my life when i saw in wriggling around, couldnt believe i had my hands in that same sand just a little earlier:) its nothing to worry about:) good for the tank actually:)

Nope. Doesn't appear to be epitoke either.
I do have a small clump of star polyps that did all of a sudden, almost overnight, stay retreated, even during daylight, for quiet some days, almost 2-3 weeks. Then bought a blue T8 bulb and installed this and there has been improvment. Not coming out like before but better.
Caught "earthworm" after having installed blue light.

i'm not an expert but are T8's enough lighting for any coral? thought they didnt product the right type of light or something?
correct me if i'm wrong but maybe the star polyps are not coming out due to lack of light?

Big Worm help

Hi Guys
I was cleaning my tank pre water change and decided to move a rock that was lying flat. As Ilifted it there was a huge worm which immediately headed for the next rock to hide under. It looked like an earthworm but was 5mm in diameter and about 150mm long! Soryy no pictures but any idea if this is dangerous to the rest of the fish and corals?

Back
Top Bottom