What size skimmer?

I've also been looking for a skimmer for a 600L tank. I've heard a lot of bad things about the TS range. Firstly they use a lot of power and there ratings have been lowered. Think a TS3 only does 700L now. I decided to go for the ORCA 135-INT.

The Ts3 is rated for 1500l guys.
Lekker skimmer, rather overskim than underskim :)

Hey I have a TS3 skimmer on my tank (total volume 810L) it does it's job perfectly I have no problems with it. I would deffinetley recomend it.

Nope, the TS2 is rated for 700 or 750, Mek is right, TS3 for 1500.
Posted via Mobile Device

the ratings have changed
i think that thy are accurate now for the first time

the ratings have changed

That's exactly what I was told. Initially when skimmers got here there ratings were over exaggerated. Then when new skimmers got here with the same rating of the old skimmers but they performed much better, they needed to re-rate the old skimmers. Hence the drop in most skimmer ratings.

OK, so the TS3 was rated for 1500, and is now for 700. So the TS2 was 700 - is it now 350? And the TS1 was 400, is it now 200? That would make it the same capacity as a boyu built in nano skimmer - and I find that hard to believe...

OK, so the TS3 was rated for 1500, and is now for 700. So the TS2 was 700 - is it now 350? And the TS1 was 400, is it now 200? That would make it the same capacity as a boyu built in nano skimmer - and I find that hard to believe...

They are just realistic ratings. The old ratings were for perfect conditions. So hardly any fish in the tank and a very low bio-load. The boyu nano skimmer is probably rated for 10L. IMHO the boyu nano skimmers are a waste of space and electricity...

Haven't all the ratings changed now. According to the new ratings the TS3 only does 700L

Maybe I'm stupid, but how can somethings rating just change. Its not like everyone that has the previous model when a new one comes out changes in any way.

the ratings have changed

ORRRRR...... the company concerned is possibly trying to phase out one range and promote its new range:whistling:...... got nothing to back that up, but just a thought

ORRRRR...... the company concerned is possibly trying to phase out one range and promote its new range:whistling:...... got nothing to back that up, but just a thought
That's exactly what came to mind when I read this thread;)Reefers have been using these skimmers to their recommended ratings for years with success. The TS3 would be more than sufficient for this tank:)

guys take all skimmer ratings and divide by 2 to get a proper understanding and then some. I am using a orca 135 external and that is rated for a 1200L tank in a 360L tank in theory i should be skimming EVERYTHING out of my water but that is not the case. Its not anywhere close to overskimming my tank and my tank is not even highly stocked. Any skimmer will do the job that you want it to do but it all depends on the method that you want to run? Are u wanting to run with Algae scrubber and dsb or just big skimmer Lr and water changes? I have seen guys use skimmers rated for 5000L tanks on 500l tanks and vice verca

Back
Top Bottom