What pumps to use with controllers!?

Reaction score
I have a sega wave controller, for the price it is an excellent piece of kit, 8 programmable modes, feeding mode and night mode. The only problem I have is that the double sun sun pumps I place on them always seem to lose their ghost and die. I know sunsun are cheap, great if you never switch them off.
What I want to know, what pumps should I get so that I don't keep have to replace mine (ya ya, I have heard of MP40's [any sponsors:p], vortechs etc, but still need to feed my growing boy and my fat belly). I gave the advice to someone else the other day of penny wise, pound foolish and I never follow that advice, time to turn over a new leaf.

So, I am open to suggestions that won't leave me bankrupt in the short term!
:thumbup:

Hydor Koralias and Sicce Voyagers should be fine, both brands come with their own on/off wave controller so should work perfectly on the Sega.

Boyu wavemakers, They are 240V but can run from their controller.
About the cheapest option out there.

Tunze is good, with different size pump ratings.

Then a few options all the way to the expensive top line Vortech.

So, depends on how mush you want to spend. I'm using Vortech end Seio's

Seios on one of the seio controller won;t break the bank. I saw there are some of those Chinese "wave pumps" available from one of the local sponsors (also sawsome second hnd) think they are called Resun?
Alternatively, the Aqua medic ocean prop is doing great in my tank, nit bulky, but decent flow....

Hi Ivan - I have (had :() two ReSun pumps - up to 15000 litres per hour - I used to LOVE my Resuns! They are 24 volt DC pumps, and their controllers had/have three settings.... For the different "types of waves" you wanted...

Hi Ivan - I have (had ) two ReSun pumps - up to 15000 litres per hour - I used to LOVE my Resuns! They are 24 volt DC pumps, and their controllers had/have three settings.... For the different "types of waves" you wanted...

Not the one I am referring to though. Mine still running....

Referring to the newer ones, not even sure if it was a resun... Check the equipment for sale threads around here @carlosdeadrade .

The AM prop, as mentioned pretty bulky, but nice wide flow and pretty powerful.

On the home page Leslie did a review for it, which I find extremely accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suppose it all depends on budget..... Not big on anything coming from China, but then again, my resun waver doesn't exactly have a German engineered sticker on it.... and its still going strong...

If budget allows (or you can convince the laaitie that a rice only diet for 3 months is the best for his future), Go for Tunze.

There are some second hand ones going for dirt cheap on here somewhere, which, effectively are usually as good as new for ten years anyway......

Back
Top Bottom