What is this?

my bad!

here it is
picture.php

Looks like a sea cucumber, if it is, they beautiful.....but.... if they die in your tank, say goodbye to everything else in your tank

Landu , and all other collecters. It is best to ID and research what you want to collect BEFORE taking it out of the water.

No 1 looks like a Cowrie of sorts to me and no 2 is a nudibranch

Cowries feed on sponges (so difficult to maintain in our systems)

Nudibranches are very specialized feeders and almost impossible to keep alive IMHO

Best is to get a book called Two Oceans which is a visual guide

Also seems like you have some rock in the tubs....take a note that it is illegal to remove rock

Last edited:
Last edited:
No 1 looks like a Cowrie of sorts to me and no 2 is a nudibranch Cowries feed on sponges (so difficult to maintain in our systems)
nope not all
They include grazers
Yellow ring cowries are awesome cows.

Cowrie looks like Cypraea vitelllus

Image Google it and let me know if I'm wrong

but Vitellus grow up to 48mm, too nig foe a tank in my opinion. They will cause rock falls.

stop taking things out the ocean that you think are pretty, dont know how to care for, dont know what they are and are being sentanced to death under your hands, most likely a slow lingering death caused by starvation. the fact that both nudi's and cucumbers are toxic in many cases leading to a massive release of the toxin if the meet a power head, or a slow release of the toxin when it dies deep in your rock work should put you off, but apparently it doesnt. have some responcibility with the creatchures you collect.

Back
Top Bottom