What Anemone Is This

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know what anemone this is and what I should feed it

Thanks

64004fdb5783825fe.jpg

Are you referring to the pic above? cant make out. Could post a better pic to get a proper I.D

Last edited:
From that pic it looks like a magnifica thats not in too great a shape, can you get us a better pic.

Sorry guys, still getting the hang of this, ok uploaded new pic

64004fdb68eae13d8.jpg

Last edited:
Could be a very bleached magnifica..? Not sure from the picture but is the mouth open..?
Feeding Anemones - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

The mouth is in the center of the oral disc. It should be closed and tight, and will open when hungry, having an oval look. A gaping mouth is a warning signal.
Magnificent Sea Anemone, Ritteri Anemone, Sea Anemone Facts and Sea Anemone Pictures of Heteractis magnifica

Cover powerheads - karensroseanemones.net
A Beginner's Guide to Keeping Anemones - Anemones

I'm no nennie expert, but yours is in bad shape! Any members close to you that can visit? Don't move him! Give him as much light as possible! Try and feed him tiny pieces of hake or calamari! Best of luck!!!

Where should I place the food? In the middle near its mouth...

Just place a piece of chopped hake , mussel , calamari etc (obviously uncooked) near the mouth ...it will pull the food in. Dont increase light right away as I have seen these guys go into stress.

It has already lost a lot of zooxanthellae , so feeding is best bet to let it build up strength

Thanks everyone for all the info and help, I shall keep you all posted on my progress...

Yip as Frans said, feed him very small pieces, and dont increase the light as it has already lost a lot of zooxanthellae and that would just stress it out more, it needs to be acclimatised slowly to stronger light.

Morning All

Last night the anemone took some brine shrimp which i gave it, but now this morning when i got up the anemone was upside down, so i guided the little guy to anther rock and with in a minute he had suctioned onto the rock and opened up, and as far as i can see his mouth is now closed... Is it normal for them to turn upside down at times or is this little guy in really bad shape?

Keep an eye on it...it won't become "healthy" overnight...but he sounds like he is getting better if he has taken the food you gave....did you read the other Links I gave..? You really don't want the flow to scoop him in the direction of you'r poweheads...if they are not covered...could you switch them off until the little guy "attaches" himself somewhere...?

Morning Belinda

Yes went through all the links, they were very helpful and I gained a lot of knowledge from them, he has already attached to one of my live rock so I've turned my power heads on again...

Watch him...if he moves then maybe he doesn't like the flow...with the powerheads on, then try and slightly change the direction of the flow...as he latched on when the "flow" was off...

How long does it take for the anemone to eat, I've given it a piece of Lance Fish and its just holding onto it, its not actually eating yet?

Back
Top Bottom