Wesd's 200 litre tank

10052013770.jpg

10052013774.jpg

10052013770.jpg

10052013774.jpg

i put the elastic on just before taking the pics, the shrivelling is what im worried about though, it was like that when i got home this afternoon

@ Dorry - Do you possibly have any extra brittle stars that you would like to get rid of? If so, please keep me in mind - thanks

@Racoon she is bringing me some when she comes through hillcrest so i can give you some of those or if shes willing to bring some for you aswell i can collect them at the same time i pick up mine and then get them to you, saves Dorry having to drop off in two places :)

so just an update on the kenya tree, it had a skeleton from a tube worm hole in the bottom of it and over the last few days started to rot around it moving up the 'trunk', so this evening i decided to cut off the rotting sections to save the healthy parts of the frag, i now have to branches and have just placed them into the sand so that they can heal......I really hope that this works and the frag comes right, so fingers crossed!!!

@ Dorry - Do you possibly have any extra brittle stars that you would like to get rid of? If so, please keep me in mind - thanks

I will bring also for you,:thumbup: if the stuff i order is there i coming true sat. Ill let you know then between you and west one of you can pic it up.

@Racoon she is bringing me some when she comes through hillcrest so i can give you some of those or if shes willing to bring some for you aswell i can collect them at the same time i pick up mine and then get them to you, saves Dorry having to drop off in two places :)

I let you know on thursday. I coming threw not sure sat or sun.:)

Hi wesd

what are the parameters in you tank when was the last time u tested

i like the size of your tank lots of space for corals:)

do you have live rock in the canister filter

Last edited:
@Dorry thank you very much, just let me know where you are picking your stuff up and then when you are close give me a call and i'll meet you there :)

@Fraser W i dont test parameters (just temp), i do a minimum water change of 30L per week, i am purposefully growning a wall of algae on the one side of my tank to withdraw excess nutrients etc, the only reason that kenya isnt doing to well is due to the tube worm dying off in it, my fish, zoas and sun coral are thriving in the tank, all 4 zoa frags and the sun coral frag are growing new polyps :D

I do run LR in the one section of my canister also have filter floss, a sponge and carbon in there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok cool, were about in hillcrest are you going so i can meet you there, do you by any chance want a few small cushion stars for your tank (their population definately wont explode) in return for your stuff, i feel bad taking it for free..

ok cool, were about in hillcrest are you going so i can meet you there, do you by any chance want a few small cushion stars for your tank (their population definately wont explode) in return for your stuff, i feel bad taking it for free..

Thanks for the offer my harlequin shrimps finish them off reel quick. I wouldn't offer it to you if i still want them. Just lying around in the garden. I bring you some frags of pulsing xenias and some other coral. Don't remember the name. I must get this old bones out of bed and its a 90 min drive. I have your no.:tt2:

have a look at this:

IMG_20130515_163731.jpg

it took some time before it started skimming properly.. about a week but then it never stopped after. i used it in my quarantine tank (80L) and maybe since there were only one or two small fish at a time there wasnt much for it to skim. i think it cost about R300.00 and it doesn't take much space in the tank.
i would definitely run a skimmer in any tank even thou ive read about people who run a tanks with corals mostly without skimmers.

IMG_20130515_163731.jpg

@Dorry thank you very very much i really am grateful :thumbsup: , will await your call, are you picking stuff up from an LFS???

@HOT SAUCE thanks, i will look into that, im also looking into hangon skimmers at the moment but its always nice to have other options :)

@Wesd i'll find out which shop[ did we get this from and let you know.. cant really remember right now

i love those cushion stars.. they are the coolest stars ive seen. where did you buy them. would they breed in captivity. awesome

i actually didnt buy them and as far as i know they can breed in captivity, i can get more if i need to, you can find a varient of them along our coast though (just not the easiest to find though)

Back
Top Bottom