Wanting a red fish but don't want a ton of aggression. Help

Thanks Keeganp I'll try to put our old skimmer together when I go home for Easter maybe I can make it work on the side (if I can figure out how to put it together:()...and even if I can't she can hang it on the front while she is at work and it won't hurt anyone. That should help a little bit right? I mean some skimming is better than no skimming right?

this is the skimmer we have but can't put together lol
Seaclone Protein Skimmer from Aquarium Systems - Saltwater - Fish - PetSmart

Thanks again you all are so nice!

Keeganp! I am doing alright! Taking a summer class so I can graduate faster! The tank is doing ok. We lost 2 fish sad news and so my gran is wanting to wait for a while. She is also very angry at the salesman at the local shop because he sold her two tangs (a yellow and a sailfin) he should have known would kill each other. Soo I am waiting until she is ready and trying to set up a decent system of skimming on my tank since he sold us a tank that no skimmer seems to fit on we will have to hang it on front while we are out which is better than nothing. Thanks so much for asking though. I am still thinking about a red fish she is very picky lol!

hey hannah, great to hear that you are still with us and that the tanks doing well. Dont be too mad at the sales person i have a big fat sailfin and three yellows in a tank and they get on fine, thats not the issue for yuou. the issue is that you have a big fish in a small tank and thats where the aggression will mount up, as well as difficulties with water quality. Its our job as hobbyists to know if a fish will suit our tanks, although if that salesman had asked you what size tank you have i am sure he would have known its too small for multiple tangs. but read up on each fish before you put it in and that way you will know :)

how big is your tank by the way, do you know how many litres?

Yeah, I know and if I'd been there I don't think he would have tried to sell her those two together. He does know our tank because he is the person who sold us our tank and sells us our salt water for water changes. That is what makes me mad he knows when I am there that I have read a lot more than my grandma about it and I don't let him talk us into silly things. All in all I have decided not to shop with him anymore because he is ALWAYS trying to sell us some chemical or additive or a new piece of equipment and he is rude on top of it. :( BUT the good news is the people at one of the chain pet stores where I go to school REALLY know their stuff (which is surprising since the usually don't know much about it) So we now have a new place to shop! :)

he doesnt sound like the kind of person id give my money to :) good idea to skip him and go to people you can build a relationship with anmd can trust :)

Back
Top Bottom