Viper's Algae Farm

ok, I have my TS1 skimmer in my cooking pond, but problem, I am having major evaporation issues at the moment in PMB, as a result of this, the water level drops in the pool and the skimmer's performance decreases. How do I combat this? And don't tell me to get an auto top-up cause it ain't gonna happen :D

ok, I have my TS1 skimmer in my cooking pond, but problem, I am having major evaporation issues at the moment in PMB, as a result of this, the water level drops in the pool and the skimmer's performance decreases. How do I combat this? And don't tell me to get an auto top-up cause it ain't gonna happen :D

learned a nifty little trick from ED, use a Stockmans Valve (vee suip klep) as a auto top up, works a charm and costs a whopping, platinum card bending R60

Add a drum and pipe and Bobs your auntie

You should be able to get it from a farmers supply store

how do I attach a valve to a blow up pool?

Pop rivets of course:razz:

No seriously stack 2 or howeve many bricks you need in the pond and cable tie it to the top brick

I'm trying to remove phosphates, not increase them, what are those bricks going to leech into the water ???????
Take it to your local butcher and vacuum pack them, build a glass/plastic stand, use stainless steel, use old kiddies plastic seat, make 2 u brackets to fit over the side.

I see old age is catching up with u but there are a few solutions. At least your a much better administator than a DIY expert:lol:

i used cured blocks for my tank and iv got a monster algae problem now

Buy a block of polystyrene Dean. Attach skimmer to polystyrene and let it float. Violla, constant water level relative to skimmer.

WTF, I applaude you dude, that is a lot of PT and dedication. PMB gets Freakishly cold in the winter , especially in garages, cant you have a piece of PVC cut as a lid, even a sheet of bubble wrap on the water surface will keep your evap down & contain heat.

Good luck,

Muz

Thanks guys, yeah, I think I will go with a cover for now, see how that works out.

Viper when we going to see a pic of the rock pool..

Back
Top Bottom