Vetches Reef development

But this the problem (and most South Africans included)

Why now 7 years after the development started, protest. You guys should have stopped it right in the beginning at planning stage.

Too much surfing and not enough reading the newspaper :whistling:

I think you guys may have left it too late, but good luck with trying to stop that juggernaut.

Money makes the world go-round ;)

Tourism is one of the best mechanisms to drag this country out of the third world.

But this the problem (and most South Africans included)

Why now 7 years after the development started, protest. You guys should have stopped it right in the beginning at planning stage.

They should've done thier homework, Like our new airport - people in Ballito and surroundings were uspet with the new airport being built, but wait, the airport was on the plans over 25 years ago, the land was fattened then already.

Too much surfing and not enough reading the newspaper :whistling:

Probably:p

I think you guys may have left it too late, but good luck with trying to stop that juggernaut.

Money makes the world go-round ;)

Most, but not all:whistling:

Tourism is one of the best mechanisms to drag this country out of the third world.
True, but don't think a harbour in a Ex MPA is the way forth?

When I was at varsity, Cathy Oelefse (the university lecturer interviewed on Carte Blanche) roped in the honours students to help with the SEA etc. This was about 3 years ago. It was done very thoroughly and with an open mind. Mike Sutcliffe is an idiot for saying that it wasnt done properly- it went through the correct processes and channels in its development phasing.

Unfortunately you guys are right. In the development world, money matters. The fact that eThekwini owns half of the development company speaks mountains.

When I was at varsity, Cathy Oelefse (the university lecturer interviewed on Carte Blanche) roped in the honours students to help with the SEA etc. This was about 3 years ago. It was done very thoroughly and with an open mind. Mike Sutcliffe is an idiot for saying that it wasnt done properly- it went through the correct processes and channels in its development phasing.

You must be joking, idiot? thats being polite

Unfortunately you guys are right. In the development world, money matters. The fact that eThekwini owns half of the development company speaks mountains.

I hear what you saying monti, but why use a beach that offers so much to its community, if this goes ahead, what will it offer the community then?

I totally agree. The city however sees the rates implications (and apparently the tourist implications) etc and thinks that this outweighs the use value that so many of Durbans residents get from the beach.

Dont get me started on the municipality, I may loose my temper

I think its a load of BS, who is going to benefit from it? Me? Right. you think anyone will be allowed to snorkle there again, fat chance of that, they just going to tell you, "go pay your R250 and snorkle in uShaka. only people that will be able to afford it are the tourists, not the local! Its a joke, it all about whos got there hands in it.

and it can't be compared to VNA in CT, how would people in CT like to have a harbour built in Camps bay?

ITS ALL ABOUT SOMEONE LINNING THERE POCKETS.

just m2c.....
The general public will not benefit from this development at all.

You wont be able to do anything around there because it will all be private property. Go build your small craft harbour inside the harbour;)

Back
Top Bottom