UV light

thanks for the info.

Cool.
This is two weeks without cleaning the glass on my tank.
370750504d8c589c6.jpg

This is the ORP readings in the morning.
During the day it rises to round about 450/480 and drops again to about 285 at night.
370750504dbf8a206.jpg

some neat set up there. think i must take the plunge and get one.

some neat set up there. think i must take the plunge and get one.

Really worth it, I did the Ozone route, if you read the article, the chemistry works the opposite way, but both have the same effect on the redox potential.
Happy UV[ing].:)

what i found about a ozone machine is that when they do their thing your skimming goes all wrong and the only way to fix it is with an ozone reactor which is like 4k alone.

think a uv light is better

@hassen I would suggest waiting till you start adding your fish. So rather cycle without it

Last edited by a moderator:
what i found about a ozone machine is that when they do their thing your skimming goes all wrong and the only way to fix it is with an ozone reactor which is like 4k alone.

I have two skimmers, old one to run ozone and my big one to skim, but you are correct that pumping air into a skimmer affects it's performance, but also bear in mind that increasing your redox potential will lead to slightly less skimate production or even skimate that isn't as dark as usual.

Uhm, nope.
Bought myself a 4PSi Ozone reactor for just over USD140.00
Will update my thread once I have all the stuff I ordered.
R4K locally perhaps but who buys stuff locally.:lol::lol::lol:

Bought myself a 4PSi Ozone reactor for just over USD140.00

Is this the one we talked about @Quintin, you need to send me the sight info, and what air pump you going to get?

Is this the one we talked about @Quintin, you need to send me the sight info, and what air pump you going to get?

Similar but totally made out of acrylic so Ozone proof.
Has self regulating pressure to keep the internals running at 4PSi and is rated for 400G so almost twice what I need.

Will be using a Luft pump to force ozone into the reactor...
But all will be revealed once it arrives and I assemble the unit.;)

Similar but totally made out of acrylic so Ozone proof.
Has self regulating pressure to keep the internals running at 4PSi and is rated for 400G so almost twice what I need.

Will be using a Luft pump to force ozone into the reactor...
But all will be revealed once it arrives and I assemble the unit.;)

Great, will want full details when it comes, will be keen to run one my self!

Back
Top Bottom