• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Ultra rare zoas - sponsors' request

Ok so for those who have vietnam zoas i can confirm that the one type is definitely eagle eye zoas as per US naming...

Here is the US version going at about $40 per 10 polyps!
Eagle eye
34494e32ac0fae2df.jpg

And these are the ones we get locally. I have probably hundreds of these. Sold this frag for R130 lol - madness!
34494e32ac7bca764.jpg

That's the downside to beautiful bright Corals...I saw a stunning neon orange, about the size of half a boiled egg and it was +-R1350...:eek:...damn and the thing was SOLD..!!! Reefers are dying for stunning colours..sigh...so am I, but all I'll be able to afford is frags...hell..I don't mind, if it means getting beautiful bright "rainbow" colour Corals...

Ok so for those who have vietnam zoas i can confirm that the one type is definitely eagle eye zoas as per US naming...

Here is the US version going at about $40 per 10 polyps!
Eagle eye
34494e32ac0fae2df.jpg

And these are the ones we get locally. I have probably hundreds of these. Sold this frag for R130 lol - madness!
34494e32ac7bca764.jpg

These are awesome ;)

The chances of you guys getting zoas by name is...well almost zero...those are US names, the lists of zoas dont come with names its just luck of the draw most of the time what comes in.

Also remember 2 things...firstly the A grade corals generally go to the countries with higher purchasing power first like US, Britain etc...we basically get whats left over :p
The other thing is there is only like 3 importers that most of the LFS in south africa use, besides places like Dory and Exotics etc who import directly from some places themselves...so whats on one LFS list is on all the lists.

The chances of you guys getting zoas by name is...well almost zero...those are US names, the lists of zoas dont come with names its just luck of the draw most of the time what comes in.

Also remember 2 things...firstly the A grade corals generally go to the countries with higher purchasing power first like US, Britain etc...we basically get whats left over :p
The other thing is there is only like 3 importers that most of the LFS in south africa use, besides places like Dory and Exotics etc who import directly from some places themselves...so whats on one LFS list is on all the lists.

partypooper!!!! :tt2:

partypooper!!!! :tt2:

haha...just a realist :p But I think the best bet is to speak to the guys that import directly and see if they cant come up with something...the usual run of the mill LFS isnt going to get any thing like that in intentinally...it may come in by luck of the draw though never rule out that posibility :)

These Hasselpalys are cool :p

4644e3323bc2bd77.jpg

Hello,
one, because I fall so the eyes out of my head! These are damn nice Zoas, so beautiful I have seen here in Germany or anywhere. Too bad that you can not send to me, then I'd love to buy some!
You've really lucky that there is Zoas with you so beautiful!
And great pictures you guys made it!

regards Mark

:eek: You just summoned all the sponsors :lol:

you missed out @Jungle Aquatics

My mention isnt working :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom