TS1 water level question

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

Okey, so I got the TS1 skimmer in the sump (chamber one) now I have to place the glass pane next to it, that will flow over into my DSB. My sump is a standard 3foot tank (915 x 380 x380 or something like that)

My question is, how high should this pane be for the TS1 to operate effectively? Too high, and it might flood right? Too low, and the water level in it will not be high enough to operate properly?

Sorry, I have never kept in tank skimmers, so this is new territory to me...;)

PS: The DSB will be between 13-15cm thick, so obviously the pane can not be lower than that.

If i'm not mistaken, it should just cover the pipe from the pump to the chamber, where it goes into the chamber, if your water level is higher you could just raise the skimmer by putting it on some eggcrate.

Hi jaco....why not just test it in a bucket to get the right water depth ?

Ah, now that's an idea... BUT... I should test in salt water right? I know that tap water doesn't skim? I really dont want to get this wrong.

I was thinking of having the pane about 23cm high, which would submerge the TS1 to its' botom part of the "reeftek" sticker, but I must maybe do the bucket idea.

Ah, now that's an idea... BUT... I should test in salt water right? I know that tap water doesn't skim? I really dont want to get this wrong.

I was thinking of having the pane about 23cm high, which would submerge the TS1 to its' botom part of the "reeftek" sticker, but I must maybe do the bucket idea.

Yip Saltwater....just use a bucket with a "flat" bottom

Back
Top Bottom