Trad's Nano (New)

yup, way too low. I don't have many corals but will start the kalk drip everyday again. Now that I have a test kit I can figure out how much to use.

Also that hair algae I have is actually Bryopsis so I'm going to try raise my Mg levels to c. 1850 levels to try kill that off. Seems like it does work but is risky for inverts if you raise too quickly.

So um..... two years later and I've decided to put this all back together... will keep thread updated (with pics soon).

Anyone doing a water change around Norwood area, Johannesburg over the weekend or next?? Would perhaps like to fill tank with a mature water to seed the tank and ave costs.

Ta.
Nice to see that you are getting back into the hobby :)
Hope you manage to find some mature water!

27336608_10155038864291541_4212185944908705793_n.jpg
BE229E65-CA0D-41C0-8107-30B69F913EC1.jpeg Trying to loads pictures.

Thanks for sharing the pics! :)
What ideas do you have for aquascaping?

Gosh, do you guys have that uneasy feeling the first night you've filled the tank and it's all up and running.... Like just waiting for something to leak or burst!

So it's all up and running. I totally over estimated the salt required.... using Seachem VibrantSea and calculated 4.95kg for 1.026. Put in 4kg (luckily) and ended up with that. probably means my total volume with LR, sand pumps, sump etc is only 120L. (I thought it was 160L)

Ordered a 2nd Tunze 6040 nanostream, so that I can get great flow throughout the tank.

40days cycle (to be safe) started last night....

Really wanted to keep this tank simple, but thinking since I have almost all the equipment, I may just get some softies, a nenny etc eventually. May just get a auto dosing pump for Alk/CAl.

Equipment installed -

Tunze 6040 nanostream
Tunze nano ATU
Oceanrunner 2500 return pump
Bubble MAgnus Curve 5
Heater
LED light unit Aquasun something something
Waterboy 3in1 filter Phos/Carb/UV

Last edited:
Nice stock list :)

Gosh, do you guys have that uneasy feeling the first night you've filled the tank and it's all up and running.... Like just waiting for something to leak or burst!
Yup, for every single tank I set up :lol:
I'm very thankful nothing has happened!

Back
Top Bottom