Toxicity of various substances on reef tanks

does cigarette smoke have a negative effect on the tank?espescially with the skimmer sucking air through the venturi?

does cigarette smoke have a negative effect on the tank?espescially with the skimmer sucking air through the venturi?

Hell yeah!!
Co2 from cigarette smoke not to mention all the other toxins.
Co2 affects Ph and Alk.

Please do elaborate on exactly how that happened Midasblenny... ;)

We were exibiting at the Home Makers Expo and after a hard days talking and standing around moved onto a few beers to relax. Next thing our booth got rather busy and i streched to put the can on top of the cabinet but little did i know there was an open top and as soon as i let the beer go, splosh and there was a floating black label pouring its contents into a lovely sps tank! Bob was so chilled(luckily) but i was in a bit of a tiz!:whistling:

Hehe, a similar thing happened to me once... With a bit of "fake wall" I thought it was closed at the top, put my glass on top, all fine, then worried it might be a bit too close to the edge so pushed it back. *crash*, oops...

palmerc I assume the vinegar only helps to get rid of grime etc. Is there anything you can use to make it somewhat "resistant" to grime etc? Something like car wax, but not.

Hmmm I dropped a cupfull of skimmate in the tank the other day... Made my skimmer work well though :D

Rather wrap it in toilet paper and put it in the bin hey...

I was actualy talking bout my blouse and oonderpants! Actually the latex gloves

Hiya all. I must be lovin living dangerously.... I use windolene all the time to clean the outside front glass of my tank. I just do not spray the windolene on the glass itself though - I spray on the rag, before cleaning the glass front...... BUT, now that you all are asking these interesting questions - what about bugs getting into your tanks and sumps.... and what if those bugs actually got sprayed with some Doom or something?
How many of you get bugs in your tanks/sumps in a regular basis? i.e. moths, cockroaches, ants, mozzies.... etc...??

Back
Top Bottom