toppdoggs new 1.6m build

tank still looking good bud, even without the brown. gonna look even better with some zoa's;)
yeah i want to fil it with zoa's if you can get some
i had a look at your tank for the first time today looking good dude
have you got any xenia frags? if you have i would love to get some if possible

hey dude i tried the same combo of the P/blue and the P/browmn anth the P/Blue being smaller just wouldent give up on chasing the other one so much so that it stopped eating and everything.. both died after about 2 weeks even after being seperated..

i have learnt my lession. tanks coming along nicley

if you ever in E.L. come get some cuttings of xenia. i did two pieces for clinton the other day and they are looking great.. they grow like weeds...

hey dude i tried the same combo of the P/blue and the P/browmn anth the P/Blue being smaller just wouldent give up on chasing the other one so much so that it stopped eating and everything.. both died after about 2 weeks even after being seperated..

i have learnt my lession. tanks coming along nicley

thanks les learnt my lesson aswell
blue is doing well tho so its not a total loss:)

if you ever in E.L. come get some cuttings of xenia. i did two pieces for clinton the other day and they are looking great.. they grow like weeds...

i must really get to E.L soon want to come soon will let you know
defs take you up on the xenia love the stuff and you right it does grow like weeds:lol:
thatnks for the comment on tank just wish everything would settle now

toppdog, you used natural fine sea sand in your display tank? do the pumps dont stirr it up and move it the whole time? what kind of turnover rate do you have?

hi. i am relatively new with this hobby. Earlier this year I bought my tank and contents second hand; which means that i didn't go thru the "creating" process. I hardly know a thing.
Well, stupid question, but why the white plastic mesh under the live rock. does the mesh it sit directly on to the sand?

toppdog, you used natural fine sea sand in your display tank? do the pumps dont stirr it up and move it the whole time? what kind of turnover rate do you have?

in the DT 16000 ltrs /h
return 5400 ltrs /h
yes it does move substrate but not to bad i kind of like the ripple sand effect in DT looks natural

in the DT 16000 ltrs /h
return 5400 ltrs /h
yes it does move substrate but not to bad i kind of like the ripple sand effect in DT looks natural

how many litres is the tank? but it doesnt expose the glass?

Well, stupid question, but why the white plastic mesh under the live rock. does the mesh it sit directly on to the sand?

they are call eggcreate and i used them when tank was cycling as i had no pumps in display tank i did not want to get dead spots on sand
so used them to raise rock work off the sand
hope that answers youe question
BTW sorry to hear about your bad luck

hey TD, sorry about the fish man, not a good combo those PBs, not to rub salt on old wounds but also not a good idea putting in any PB first as they are very aggressive as you've probably noticed. but the others look fine so you should be over the problems, watch that cream angel though hey, nasty coral nippers at times.. otherwise your tank looks nice man, some good fish in there :D

watch that cream angel though hey, nasty coral nippers at times.. otherwise your tank looks nice man, some good fish in there :D

luckly i have not had any probs with cream and i hve had about a year now he is so tame i can pick him up with my hands
thanks for kind words scuba

hey guys got a new addition today
got a monster of a neemie at a very good price
question is i have 2 tank breed clown and they dont seem interested only time will tell
here are some pics
17164b2276afe9873.jpg

17164b2277494ce4d.jpg

17164b2277493d843.jpg

thats it for now
comments please

I really dont want to put you down... But that nennie really doesnt look good,you will need to feed it constantly with some pilchard or any other seafood,keep an good eye on it, what lighting you have?

I really dont want to put you down... But that nennie really doesnt look good,you will need to feed it constantly with some pilchard or any other seafood,keep an good eye on it, what lighting you have?

i would not recomend feeding pilchards but rather mussel or seaood mix.. i find it way too oily. but regular consistent feedings would be to its benefit. just make sure it takes the food and doesnt just spit it out as this will pollute the system.

Back
Top Bottom