To catch a Catalina

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas on how to catch a tiny (1 1/2") Catalina Goby in a 4ft tank. I need to catch this thing so as to give it back to its owner but it's a flippin mission. Tried the "coke bottle trick" for 3 days now - it won't even go near it :blush::(:(

does it have a favourite spot to hide in. A hole in a rock perhaps.

If yes, and if possible to lift the rock out, do that with him still inside.

does it have a favourite spot to hide in. A hole in a rock perhaps.

If yes, and if possible to lift the rock out, do that with him still inside.

No, I don't have very porous rocks and also I have bonded most of my rocks together into one structure

if you got glass pieces extra, you can split the tank into two. then you only need to dismantle one side of the display

Just make sure that he cannot escape to the other side.

if you got glass pieces extra, you can split the tank into two. then you only need to dismantle one side of the display

Just make sure that he cannot escape to the other side.

I think this will be my only option to be honest. Will use clear perspex instead as I can get hold of that for free and it wont damage the existing glass.

Will still have to move about 4-5 rocks but it's only one third of the tank. Complete tank would be a mission

I think this will be my only option to be honest. Will use clear perspex instead as I can get hold of that for free and it wont damage the existing glass. Will still have to move about 4-5 rocks but it's only one third of the tank. Complete tank would be a mission

we did that recently in my friends tank .. he was trying to catch a sailfin tang and give it to me because it was harassing one of his other fish.. in my opinion its the only method that works 100% and the fastest as well.. some fish are smarter than to go into a glass bottle

Thank Gad I managed to catch the damned goby :thumbup: .... back home to his owner .... see ya bloody fish !!

Back
Top Bottom