TL-550 with some SWAGGER

.think you will eventually regret getting so much rock.....

liverock is the heart of the filtration,why would any one regret it? ... besides,pics dont do it justice,why i chose fiji is for the shapes of the rocks,if you see the scape in person,you will see the huge amount of packing space,caves,crevices and swimming holes for fish... unfortunately in the pic,it looks like a heap of rubble :lol:

Have to agree....250 is a bit overboard.....a 150, or a decent LED mod would have done the trick....

its a bit much only because its so close,but its temp till i have it sprayed and suspended higher up and btw it doesnt even affect my temperature of my tank:thumbup: besides the tank is going to be sps dominated and the sps i have in reacts very well under the light,and the fact that the tank is so deep works in my favour as i can mount my lower light corals lower down in the tank..

Last edited:
pace,caves,crevices and swimming holes for fish

Which do tend to trap detritus... But a high flow should keep it from settling... What is your flow like? Are those Sun suns? A 5000lph and a 300lph? They sure are bang for their buck! Cheap but effective!

Which do tend to trap detritus... But a high flow should keep it from settling... What is your flow like? Are those Sun suns? A 5000lph and a 300lph? They sure are bang for their buck! Cheap but effective!

indeed but yeah you spot on with the pumps lol and yes they are very effective and even replacing them every few months is still cheap :lol: i might get a mp10 or 2 ..... or tunze nanostreams with controller

Hectic light.
Just keep an eye on evaporation and top up regularly, so that it doesn't make the salinity go up too much.

Hi

No, dont get me wrong live rock is awesome.....;) Only reason i say you will regret it.....because with every decent piece of coral you buy...one gets a decent piece of rock too....so in these TL550....you run out of space quick! All i am saying is if I was to start over would start with less rock...would have been able to do better scaping, and save a ton of money to have spent on more coral!

your tank looks great so far by the way....will follow this thread and look forward to updates....:thumbup:

Last edited:
your tank looks great so far by the way....will follow this thread and look forward to updates....

thanks buddy:1:

because with every decent piece of coral you buy...one gets a decent piece of rock too

now it makes more sense :lol:... ok so on that... all the corals im going to add will only be on frag plugs so no bulky pieces,the scape is exactly how i want it wit sps attached to the high peaks and some zoas and other softies in the gullies if you know what i mean,also because the tank is 3 side viewable,i have created lower peaks behind centre as to add some various corals on sides and rear aswell

trust me dude,if you see this in person you would understand,on the pics it looks like 'just a pile of rock' :lol:

im fitting an atu in the week to combat that problem... does water level by uplift get affected like an ordinary sum??

Not sure if I understand this, but water that gets removed through evaporation cause the salinity to rise because the salt never gets removed in this way. Thats the reason we top up with RO water. With a light like that you will be surprised how quickly your water will evaporated specially with the open top.

Problem comes when you have live stock and it is swinging between 1.025 and 1.027 or whatever each day, but thats not going to be a problem when the atu is fitted.

Coral already?Sps already?:eek:

It drops all round but it starts dropping first in the last compartment, the one with the return pump.
That where I put my float switch for the atu.

can someone please ID the blue mushroom in the pics above and also the hairy leather,got it from a fellow reefer,havent seen it anywere else before

nicest part is even when the mushroom is completely open,its still as blue

The one in the last pic looks a bit like Briareum sp. maybe asbestinum a type of gorgonia, I have the non-branching version of it.
Im not 100% sure though.

Back
Top Bottom