Tinkering with my 550!

Mirage: I hope not! Unfortunately this tank is no more. I just dont have time or money (finishing my studies in next few years) to keep the type of tank i'm itching for!!

So i'll settle for looking at nice pics on the net until I qualify and can build a beast of a tank ;)

555484bb1464576f.jpg

Missing this tank :( :(

Unfortunately next year finishing up community service, and then wont know where i'll end up. But I can say one thing... i'm excited for the first place i buy, will be able to set up a beast of a tank! :)

Jacquesb: hows the new tank going? More pics for the poor sods without slices of ocean at home pls ;)

Unfortunately next year finishing up community service, and then wont know where i'll end up. But I can say one thing... i'm excited for the first place i buy, will be able to set up a beast of a tank! :)

Jacquesb: hows the new tank going? More pics for the poor sods without slices of ocean at home pls ;)

Hi Matt - I will post some more pics later on today! Not much different. BUT, at least the water parameters are now super stable. I just have a bit of a diatom outbreak at the moment.

But, other than that - I just don't have money at the moment to purchase new corals.

But soon, mate - soon.....

Boyu Lighting

Hi Matt

I have done a lot up upgrades myself to my TL550 but still like to add the extra lighting as per your mods. Where did you buy your fittings from to install the additional lighting? My local LFS sells the bulbs but not the fittings.

I have completely automated my tank using a PLC and would be keen to share some pic's and ideas with you.

The fittings for the light are hard to find. What I did is use the standard electric compact florescent ballast for T8 lights I think. It comes with two little black sockets that fit over the pins on the PC light.

Back
Top Bottom