Thinking about going ozone

Mekaeel

Reaction score
hey guys thinking about running ozone on my tank.what do you guys think?

this is a tank thats run on ozone
Tank of the Month - May 2008 - Reefkeeping.com
CA_0003sm.jpg

Interested to see the coments on this topic. Would like to know more about running ozone myself.

Nope but ozone help on the way, no one thing makes a great tank but the loss of one thing can couse a terrible tank.

Shit check the amount of flow in the system. Lighting as well.:notworthy::notworthy:

Mek I believe ozone is an assistance and anything you can get to assist is good. Ozone runs for very short periods when your water parameters are in check. What is interesting to see is how the Mv drops when you do water changes.

Last edited:
Best to run ozone through the skimmer. The Berlin Classic and XL skimmers are made from ozone resistant material. The ozone increases the skimmers efficiency and also NUKES all the baddies (and some goodies). Risky if you not controlling properly have to run through carbon to help dissipate the O3. Really cool for gram negative bacteria.

i hear you guys.ive already achieved skimming,flow lighting,stable water parameters.
judging by those pics,ozone is defniatley helping out aswell.looks as good a Zeo tank.only thing it will be cheaper in the long run.by the way if i hook up the ozone,will run it just for very short periods to be on the safe side

Mek, run it with a Mv probe. To much ozone can be more harmfull than anything else.

Can we see pics of the thing what make and how much?

oh yes i did get it.been running it on a normal timer for 2 hours a day on 15 minute intervals.ive noticed crystal clear water.need to invest in a controller for it now

I saw one of these Ozoninator (spelling) yesterday, looks interesting, but now we getting into some really tricky equipment especially when you consider how the CO2 freaks me out.

But the Yanks swear by this, so going have to go this route sooner or later

Back
Top Bottom