The world we live in ...

Reaction score
I just read an "insult" from some chop called MalScientist to @carlosdeandrade where he implied that he is gay. Folks, that is not an insult. I cannot believe that there are people in this world that still see that as offensive - amazing !

The world is full of straight, gay, asian, european, african, catholic, anglican, athiest, muslim, buddist, fat, skinny, tall, short, male, female, trans-gender, ugly, beautiful, bald, hairy, poor, rich, people (and anything else you can think of) .... but they all just people. So why do we feel that if someone is different to us, that's an insult .... it's not !

I leave this thought with you together with two of the most brilliant quotes I have read this year:

"I have never learned anything from any man who agreed with me" - Dudley Field Malone

"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole" - unknown origin

Go out and shake the hand of someone you would never normally and stop to listen to someone else's opinions or thoughts ... then without sharing your own opinion or without showing empathy or sympathy, just walk away and think about it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do good and good will follow you, do bad and bad will follow you...

that is somebody that got mentioned here, part of his signature...

Do as you preach I say...

I hope he was hit hard with the MASA Ban-stick!

banstick.jpg

Members do not get banned that much. For this year, only one person got banned. OK 4 others were also banned, but they were all spammers. So in total for 2014, only 5 members. We used to get a lot more spammers, but the sign up registration got fixed up and those with bad Chinese English do not register anymore.

Not bad, if you take into account that for the last 6 weeks we had 128 new members signing up. Only 2 spammers in the same 6 week period.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but as a newbie here where is the line in the sand. According to the rules

The member-generated content of this web site contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations.

and

You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, degrading, sexual or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.

I'm not trying to make waves here I just want to understand what can and can't be posted on this site. This is one of the most strict forums I'm currently on and that can be both good and bad.

Example: Is ones opinions about a sponsor(good or bad) allowed to be posted on this site to maybe give credit or warn where a bad experience was had?

allowed to be posted on this site to maybe give credit or warn where a bad experience was had?
First, see if you cannot sort out that issue with the sponsor in private. A phone call or 2, keeping calm will get you a lot further in life than running around on a forum, publicly attacking whoever.

Always, treat others, as you want them to treat you. I think that is an attitude taught in all religions.

And if you cannot explain whatever you posted here, to a 7 year old child, or do not want somebody else explaining / demonstrating that to your 7 year old child, then do not post it.

Last edited:
I'm sure this has been discussed before but as a newbie here where is the line in the sand. According to the rules

The member-generated content of this web site contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations.

and

You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, degrading, sexual or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.

I'm not trying to make waves here I just want to understand what can and can't be posted on this site. This is one of the most strict forums I'm currently on and that can be both good and bad.

Example: Is ones opinions about a sponsor(good or bad) allowed to be posted on this site to maybe give credit or warn where a bad experience was had?

try reef central for strict

We all here for the same purpose , even if we are fat, skinny, gay or lesbian....we all the same. We called human's... And unless you have walked the shoes of a fellow reefer no body should be judged. If we make friends in the process that is a plus. I have to mention from my own experience i have made more friends on masa than enemies.. comes down to the fact that mutual respect is very important.

MASA isn't strict. They are fair and very respected forum. We are all here to learn, share experiences and frustrations, but things must be done with respect for others. We are all guilty of throwing out some tongue in cheek comments, but lines mustn't be crossed, and things mustn't be said in anger.
Criticism of my sexuallity is so trivial and I'm so past worrying about what people think. I get more upset if someone insults my tank. :D

me still love you buddy @carlosdeandrade..... !! ;)
Yeah the kids that play !!!! lol

Please don't get me wrong. I'm all for fair and respect. I always treat people like I want to be treated (OK, 99% of the time :tt2:)

I just wanted to understand and be clear.

Back
Top Bottom