The Ultimate NEWBIE!!!!

Reaction score
hi guys & girls

just wanted to introduce myself as the extreme newbie.

all the best
ciao :1:

hi guys

i hope you are all well. :yeahdude:

ok, so i had PLENTY of fresh water tanks as a laitie, and somewhere somehow i lost the bug that bit me.

but... she has come back and i find myself drooling at every decent tank i see.

i need help, and lots of it as i have NO clue when it comes to salt water...
been talking to a few guys and slowly getting there...

please help where you can, so i can learn from the pro's.

1. i need a tank
2. where is the best "value for money" ( preferably a corner type unit 1300x1300 :thumbup: looking for something fairly decent as i know you can spend like 300K on a setup!! :whistling:

um yea... lets go from there?

thanks a mill
:slayer:

WElcome to MASA

be prepared to spend meany late nites reading and reading and more reading it help trust me

the main thing is to understand the concept of the a sea tank what all goes in to the setup and maintenance of it once u have that covered you will still need to read more @ the end of the day it gives me great enjoyment to watch my tank run a miniature coral reef system.

thanks man
much appreciated.
well , after all it is a hobby (wouldnt want it to be over in 2 months) and something awesome, i bet it gets really frustrating sometimes,but nothing like the joy that comes from your success when all is well.

i am currently shopping around for tanks, where would you advise i start looking :)

thanks a mill!
im in gauteng, dont mind driving.

BGK - thanks for the welcome mate.

looking for a nice size tank - not overkill but something decent! what would you guys advise?

thanks

im in the centurion area. :p

yes, hello and welcome.

Check the for sale threads, sometimes nice stuff do pop up.

New tanks, seeing you in Centurion, visit Dorry Pets, Idol Marine or Pet Stop. All 3 are sponsors and you could find more info on the sponsors page.

Important, do not buy the first thing you see. Unless it is really impressive. Shop around. Understand what this hobby is about. Visit those 3 pet shops. See what type of corals you like and you want to keep. Your setup will depend on that decision.

The longer you take to setup, the quicker your system will be up and successful.

Last edited:
ok cool
thanks a million for the help gents.
will do.
i will keep you guys posted on my progress!
:)

Welcome to MASA, hope you enjoy it here. Please don't punish your live stock :p and read the link below on starting a marine tank - great info ;)

I merged your two introductory threads into one and moved it to the new members forum

welcome to masa:) great to have you join.

id look at a tank around 1.5m long, 600-800 wide and around 650 deep as a good size to start off on :)

thanks for the help guys.
bennie book worm here i come. gonna get stuck in and knowledgefied

whats your opinions on a corner tank?
1230Long X 870Wide X 650High ??

fanks! :drool5:

Back
Top Bottom