The super-nano 600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi all,so im constantly experimentin as almost everyone knows:blush: some even refer to me as the "always changing" reefer,LFS's laugh when i walk in always eager to hear "what now":lol:

so the latest project is a SUPER-NANO :thumbup:
600x320x420 tank
hang on back filter 'aquaclear 50' with purigen,phosguard and carbon
reef oct bh1000 hang on back skimmer:p
250watt industrial box halide with 20000k bulb:tt2:
and 2000l/h flow via 2x101 streamers:whistling:
totally sumpless

now the tanks been runnin 'in this state' for pass 2weeks ,skimmer only 2days so far...my sps already has 2mm growth tips,zoas are openning bigger,seem wayyy healthier and are spreading amazingly kwik,since adding the skimmer 2days ago, my nemmie opens bigger and is looking good

i wouldn call it a show piece cause all the accessories belong on a way bigger tank lol , but healthy is healthy,and thats what my experiment is at the moment to see the most i can achieve with a 60cm nano tank,with ofcourse more advanced equip:yeahdude:

Nennie in a 2 week old tank? Where's Crispin? :whistling:

6 weeks is still not a patch against the recommended 9-12 months, but I guess it will be ok if you only "experiment" and not care about the livestock...

Nemmie is healthy and happy and that's what matters 2 me, the tank is a sps experiment .... I just wanted a nemo and nemmie pair in the mix and I do check it regularly, hasn't shown any stress signs @ all, and haven't moved since I added him ... 1st sign of inhappy nemmie is constant moving around

It does ... To be honest, I haven't had any problems to date, I'm very carefull and very daring but I always try and do it diferently but effectively ... My water is clean and healthy, parameters in check, water change on time and I dose wat needs dosing .... So I dnt understand why the mods seem to have a problem with what I do .... I take care of all my livestock to the best of my ability, I'm not a newbie that's still learning, I knw what I'm doing right and wrong, but the wrongs I do precauciously....

And @viper357 ... I have nothing to be ashamed of, I'm a serious dedicated reefer who unfortunately cnt stick to 1 setup for long, but in all my changing, I've never harmed any of my livestock to date,I care for them like you and any other reefer does ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nennie in a 2 week old tank? Where's Crispin? :whistling:
that nennie has been through enough without me adding my 2 c to what Jsrfn is doing with his tanks. i use the experience of others in my reefing and take to heart the advice i find on the net, others will walk their own path and experiment with things others have already found out. I'm sure the tank will be lovely after a while and do just fine, its just not the way i would keep a creature like an anemone.

Sound interesting, but wheres the pics.:tt2:

It does ... To be honest, I haven't had any problems to date, I'm very carefull and very daring but I always try and do it diferently but effectively ... My water is clean and healthy, parameters in check, water change on time and I dose wat needs dosing .... So I dnt understand why the mods seem to have a problem with what I do .... I take care of all my livestock to the best of my ability, I'm not a newbie that's still learning, I knw what I'm doing right and wrong, but the wrongs I do precauciously....

And @viper357 ... I have nothing to be ashamed of, I'm a serious dedicated reefer who unfortunately cnt stick to 1 setup for long, but in all my changing, I've never harmed any of my livestock to date,I care for them like you and any other reefer does ....

It's not what you do but how you do it. If you really cared for the livestock like you claim you do, you would have had their best interest at heart and NOT put a nennie in so young tank. Just because it hasn't moved in a few weeks yet is not an indiction that it won't. An attitude of "my tank my rules" is definitely not in the interest of the livestock. But ja, it's your "experiment", I just hope it doesn't backfire and animals get harmed or killed in the prosess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom