The Skimz skimmer clan

just ordered and paid for my SM202 cant wait to see how the recuirc skimmers operate if the cone was so impressive..

got my Sm202 ext on saturday, OMG is it beautiful.. have had it running in a drum with vinegar to run in, the pump does make the occasional noise but i had the same thing with my PSK2500 on my OCXT200 in the begining and its sooo silent now so not too worried.

pulled all the vinnegar out within about 45min and foams like a beast in FW cant wait to see it in action in SW..

also got my Skimz Ibox nano, very cute and the LEDs are awsome.

will post pics as soon as i can, my wife put my phone through the wash on sat so im using a stoneage nokia. so old it doesnt even ring but i can make calls. :)

Update on the skimmer ?

Im planning on buying the SK252 rated for 3000lts ,want to know what they perform like ?

Update on the skimmer ?

Im planning on buying the SK252 rated for 3000lts ,want to know what they perform like ?

buddy these are some serious skimmers, i have used the Sk181 int and i am currently using the SM202 ext and they rock, pulled all the copper i was running on my medicated tank out (with blue Dye) in under 4 hours)

i still recomend running them in over 2 days with vinnegar in FW but its not totally necessary.

dont stress if the pump is noisy it needs to run in and mine did so in a few hours.

i had the same with my OCTX200 so its a common thing among skimmers.

when i do my fish holding setup i want to get a nice EXT cone. so get it and give me some feedback:tt2:

IV settled on the SM251 Skimmer, Also rated for 3000lts and has an air draw of 1960lp/h, will see how she skimz tomorrow

Got my SK251 yesterday and it skimz like crazy, how long before the skimmer will break in

i had it in a new batch of water to test and it pulled out some kak....i thought that was impressive

i can believe it, basically if there is a load it will pull. i need to take pics of my sm202 in action, its still in my quarantine drum.

My SM202 still pulling out traces of copper
21March2011022.jpg

21March2011023.jpg

21March2011024.jpg

After those pics I'm really looking forward to getting my SM121 operational. Tank build should done end of April :)

Well it sure looks up to the job. Can't wait, I think I may actually try the vinegar break in thing just to watch it work :)

Back
Top Bottom