the fish's new baby

Reaction score
well after a year of playing around with a boyu tl450 i decided its time to go a little bit bigger. well only another 55ltr bigger. so its not a lot. tank size is 690mm x 390mm x 390mm and sump is standard Daro 600mm tank. skimmer is a reeftek TS2. sump consists of 2 chambers. one for skimmer and some LR and the other for return pump.

i havent got very far at the moment. have drilled the hole for my over flow that will be in the corner. built overflow box and painted the back panel of display black so far. only thing needed still is the plumbing and the lights and i am good to go. also have a bit of cleaning to do still in the tank it self. also whant to thank @ccwilke for his assistance in the building process
IMAG0500.jpg
IMAG0501.jpg
IMAG0502.jpg

new pics will only be added over the weekend when i get time to work on it some more.
http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7599&stc=1&d=1369635818

IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

so far i have my 2 clowns and a royal dottyback a couple of crabs and a cowry snail. probably going to add 2 Anthias and a cleaner wrasse and some form of shrimp. and some new corals that i also got over the weekend. mainly pincushions i got and some other weird coral that i will also post a pic of over the weekend. have no idea what it is.

looking good so far..

when is this tank gonna be wet @thefish

what lights have you decided to put over the tank

well i have a friend that said i can buy hes DIY LED unit from him that will be perfect for my tank, just have to wait till hes done setiing up hes new system then i can take them of his hands

not going with cleaner wrasse. will be looking at gobys and blennies instead. also if someone has some LR to part with i would appreciate

Hey look ccwilke is barefoot again and building @the fish 's tank....

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you are going to keep your boyu running as well and its probably for the best leaving the cleaner out with such few fish in there. Just out of intrest, what anthias are you putting in?

looking good :)
always a good feeling when you fill it and know you built it :)

Back
Top Bottom