The Bubble Magus skimmer clan

thanks @oliver
mine is only a day old now... sitting in27cm of water and must say I'm very happy.
maybe I must lift it a bit for even better skimming

Other thing I did as I got I cleaned it with viniger to remove all the manufacturing grease and grime from it.

Some sexy new DC skimmers coming out from bubble magus.

download.jpg

download.jpg

Hi guys, I'm a BM Curve 9 owner as of 30 minutes ago. It's running about 23cm deep on about 2. Can I leave it like this because it already skimming yellow to brown foam halfway up the cup. It's quite a monster. Worried about overflow at night when I'm sleeping.
See pic after 15 minutes.
IMG_20161023_185037.jpg

See a lot of people struggling with the curves not skimming , been trying everything but not coming close to the reefteks . Im running curve 5 , chamber 22cm , setting is just below one . I get no dirty water in the cup at all, just clean water
20161207_203253.jpg

Maybe its just the way the photo looks but you have the tube coming from the venturi connected to the base of the air intake cylinder or you have the skimmate drain valve connected to it?

Just the way it looks , the drain valve is the long pipe against the drain from tank . I only get a bit of gunk in the neck other than that ill say this thing aint skimming at all

How long has it been running (skimming)? The water level in the cup looks to high. It should be at the top of the body or bottom of cup. It needs space to froth over into the cup.
I had the curve 5 and use the curve 9 now and works wonders.

20161223_195704.jpg

20161224_063359.jpg
Next is to try bring the hole skimmer a bit out the water till 110mm or the pump inside just submerged . My curve 9 sits at that level and skims 24/7 like a monster.
Picture in previous post was last night. This picture was this Morning and notice there is no frothing?

Back
Top Bottom