Thalion and Wee Man's thread ;) AKA Mike

This one is a dog:)

could have been it's tail tucked in;)

Wasn't sure on the sex of the first one, difficult to guess by one picture, much more terrier like than bulldog, still a pretty dog.

I like the colour of the second dog, but why do they always hang their heads up like that, it looks unnatural and very uncomfortable, a good dog will be head up bright and alert anyway.

Viper, told you:razz: :razz:

And its top line???????????????

Fair enough, but if a dog can only look good while being hung up by the neck?

Sorry, it's why i'm not mad keen on the way dog shows are run, i've seen too many people that couldn't give a shit for their dog's wellfare just so long as they could stick another trophy on the wall, i do realise they are in the minority, but i suppose i'm just anti establishment (or an awkward little barstid - which ever you prefer):whistling:

I just love my dogs, i have a keen interest in all dogs, especially the bulldog breeds and too many idiots walking them, or sticking the rosettes all over their cars/houses just showing off, that to me is not a dog lover just a bloody show off, as i said, i know they are a minority (but i bet you know the type i mean) but i just growl when i see them.

Sorry dude, i'm not ranting, but just being honest about my feelings

As in German Shepherd dog? or is there a breeders term i am unaware of (i expect there are plenty?)

Yes German Shepherd.

One thing I have learned is that is somebody asks you about their dog, the best thing to say esp if it is not a good one is " nice colour".

:lol: :lol:

Very diplomatic, and yes i can see why would would think GSD, the pose looks unnatural for a staff, but the sweeping back legs do look more like a GSD.

Recently i was in my local park walking Bandit, i met a couple with their dog, Bandit is more than happy to play so the two dogs were charging round, their dog was clearly young, about the size of a year old lab and black, but it had a more staffy face, i asked them what breed was it as i had never seen one like it, she said it was a pure bred staff they had all the papers for it and that it was 7 months old........i just nodded:whistling:

bandit was nearly 2 at the time and just about fully grown and was half the size, but she was convinced as she had paid more than £500 for it, funnily enough it was their first venture into staff owning.:)

At one stage I belonged to a UK staff forum, and they were on about some big SBT, I think they were calling them Irish SBT's.

We can't trust papers now days. At the moment we have a prob with a local "breeder" and some of the pups they sell are SH1t. They are currently up for all sorts of charges. They had the money to really campaign their dogs and did very well, and are selling pups based on 1 or 2 "wonder dogs". Their is lot's of skinner going on about them now, and court cases.

At one stage I belonged to a UK staff forum, and they were on about some big SBT, I think they were calling them Irish SBT's.

We can't trust papers now days. At the moment we have a prob with a local "breeder" and some of the pups they sell are SH1t. They are currently up for all sorts of charges. They had the money to really campaign their dogs and did very well, and are selling pups based on 1 or 2 "wonder dogs". Their is lot's of skinner going on about them now, and court cases.

I've seen lots of the irish sbts about lately, they are mainly blue and a lovely looking dog they are too, they don't seem any bigger but perhaps chunkier than many other staffs i've seen, but that thing i saw was a lab/staff cross at best, and with paint/photoshop available these days i reckon i could knock up a reasonable looking pedigree form in half an hour.

I hope that "breeder" is banned for life from showing dogs (and keeping them if possible) might send a wake up call to all these other puppy farmers.

Some of us are trying our best, but others close their eyes and say they don't want to get involved.

The one story: They sold a pup the person payed, and when they went to collect they say the puppy ran away. Ok fine give the money back, but not them they told them that they needed the money for America.
Another person is out 31 thousand rand, the stories go on.......

Look like KUSA will only do something if somebody wins a court case.

Some of us are trying our best, but others close their eyes and say they don't want to get involved.

The one story: They sold a pup the person payed, and when they went to collect they say the puppy ran away. Ok fine give the money back, but not them they told them that they needed the money for America.
Another person is out 31 thousand rand, the stories go on.......

Look like KUSA will only do something if somebody wins a court case.

Personally i would have either got my money back, or caused him 31k rands worth of damage, still at least he is in court, that should make life a bit difficult for him.
Put the word round make sure as many people in the circuit know what a waste he is, the dog loving world don't need people like him, it sheds a bad light over everybody.

I don't even get a daily newspaper:blushing: is that what it's called "Dog news"?
Shame on you, don't get either:whistling:

looks like they have some interesting bits in them. The one guy have a staffy that was a bit on the small side, and when they started stacking it on a box, they started to do better. STARANGE BUT TRUE.

Shame on you, don't get either:whistling:

looks like they have some interesting bits in them. The one guy have a staffy that was a bit on the small side, and when they started stacking it on a box, they started to do better. STARANGE BUT TRUE.

errrr sounds very odd, i will hit the shops and have a look for it, in fact i will google it right now.

Bugger, it kept freezing my lap top, damn dial up:dft007: will have a look tomorrow when i can plug in to broadband

Back
Top Bottom