Tetra salt mix

Reaction score
Any one have any experiance using this salt? Thinking of getting some for the shop?

Tropic Marin is great so is Brightwells but when it comes to cost vs quality I'd go for Red Sea Pro Coral or Seachem.

A mate of mine is using Tetra on his frag tank but he doses allot of different things daily.

I dont want to be the "spanner in the wheel here" , but there is nothing wrong with the tetra salt. I was using it for almost a year.

I do however think it is better for fish only systems.. Its a reasonable priced product, makes good kg-to-l mixes.. shows stable parameters if mixed and left overnight etc. as i always tested.. LPS and softies in my tank were healthy.. reason i say its better for fish only is it does not have everything that the reef blends have.. remember :

Red Sea - Coral Pro Reef salt
Brightwells - Neo Marine Reef salt
Kent - Reef salt
Seachem - Reef Salt

Making a statement that says use only Red Sea salt is a bit offencive IMHO... not everyone can buy Red Sea, or Brightwells, or Kent etc.

Last edited:
I dont want to be the "spanner in the wheel here" , but there is nothing wrong with the tetra salt. I was using it for almost a year.

I do however think is better for fish only systems.. Its a reasonable priced product, makes good kg-to-l mixes.. shows stable parameters if mixed and left overnight etc. as i always tested.. LPS and softies in my tank were healty.. it does not have everything that the reef blends have.. remember :

Red Sea - Reef salt
Brightwells - Reef salt
Kent - Reef salt

Making a statement that says use only Red Sea salt is a bit offencive IMHO... not everyone can buy Red Sea, or Brightwells, or Kent etc.

I also used Tetra for a few months...nothing wrong with it..I changed because I wanted "Top of the Range" salt as I was a Noob and was worried they weren't getting a "fighting chance" with me as their Janitor..:lol::lol::lol: Changed to Brightwell Neo Marine and have to admitt, I love it...the water is somehow "crystal clear"..something I found lacking in Tetra..very heavy on the pocket, but I have a Nano, so I don't feel it so much...downside is the fact that I'm having a hard time finding it in Durban...

I do however think it is better for fish only systems.. Its a reasonable priced product, makes good kg-to-l mixes.. shows stable parameters if mixed and left overnight etc. as i always tested.. LPS and softies in my tank were healthy.. reason i say its better for fish only is it does not have everything that the reef blends have.. remember :

Red Sea - Coral Pro Reef salt
Brightwells - Neo Marine Reef salt
Kent - Reef salt
Seachem - Reef Salt

No one said DONT use it, just stated that there are better options. Especially something like Seachem which has been really cheap as of late. :whistling::tt2:

Hi

I whoud not tutch it the only thing that shoud be going in to ur tank is Red SEa salt

what salt were u using before

No one said DONT use it, just stated that there are better options. Especially something like Seachem which has been really cheap as of late. :whistling::tt2:

Uhm ... " Would not touch it" sounds like saying dont ..:p not going to get in opinion battle here - only pointed out that saying stuff like that statement is ... :blush:

Midablenny use to go through a bucket of Tetra salt every month on his huge tank so there is nothing wrong with using that salt. Randy Farley Holmes uses Insant Ocean and he rates overall as one of the most better salt around.

Wow, thanx for the feedback guys, just seems like i have touched a nerve here!! Lets have a vote as to a good alrounder:

TRIPIC MARIN
RED SEA
BRIGHTWELL
SEACHEM
KENT

Uhm ... " Would not touch it" sounds like saying dont .. not going to get in opinion battle here - only pointed out that saying stuff like that statement is ...

Missed that post :p my bad

Douche :tt2:

Wow, thanx for the feedback guys, just seems like i have touched a nerve here!! Lets have a vote as to a good alrounder:

Red Sea if you're on a budget
Tropic Marin if money is not an issue.

IMO

Back
Top Bottom