TDS

3 is fine. Just keep an eye on it and if it starts to climb its time to change filter/membrane

Does your RO unit have a DI resin chamber?

Contact puritech on 012 657 1010. They do deliver, or maybe they have an agent in CT. www. puritech. co.za

or support your sponsers and get the proper stuff;)

considering there are atleast 10 sponsers on the forum that could help here....im shocked at @carlosdeandrade 's reply

are sponsers here to just pump money into forum, sponser shows and events, give specials and freebies...???

seems like sponsers are running up a escalator traveling in the wrong direction if thats the response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eish!! Perhaps simply stating that you do sell it... Without the rant would have gotten you a sale. Was also looking for some resin....
Might be doing a bulk group buy if anyone in Cpt interested.

Contact puritech on 012 657 1010. They do deliver, or maybe they have an agent in CT. www. puritech. co.za
No they don't but they do ship to CTN we buy from them often soooo much cheaper than most places as they wholesalers...;)

Last edited:
Eish!! Perhaps simply stating that you do sell it... Without the rant would have gotten you a sale. Was also looking for some resin....
Might be doing a bulk group buy if anyone in Cpt interested.

i wasnt "looking for a sale"...hense i stated, more than 10 sponsers on the forum sell the item in question!
and probably the proper colour changing indicator resin that lasts quite alot longer than puritech.
mixed bed anion /cation resin

we do business everyday with them as we sell to them and buy odds and ends from them too.....
so i know the type of resin being sold.

what im saying is........not supporting sponsers or directing members to helpful sponsers for products they sell is abit silly.
when functions like imacsa need the big monies put in to fly guests over and pay for venues etc etc......not supporting them could backfire and the people who ask for the events to take place.;)

@leonspanner....im sure there are plenty of pets stores in your area
petmasters, benoni pets, wazeers aquariums, exotic aquariums are a few that should have a range of differant brands and will stock this, not sure which of those are closer to you

Last edited by a moderator:
A more polite way of putting it, well done ;)
But I think 4age was also wanting to buy... Anyone in Cpt have? Whilst we are posting non sponsors... Didnt know two wrongs make a right... Or does three make it right again... I know of teo nin sponsors in cpt who do have...

Unless you're in a parallel universe where rights are actually lefts. In that case it would be wrong.

Last edited:
A more polite way of putting it, well done ;)
But I think 4age was also wanting to buy... Anyone in Cpt have? Whilst we are posting non sponsors... Didnt know two wrongs make a right... Or does three make it right again... I know of teo nin sponsors in cpt who do have...

all of the stores mentioned above either have sponsered or buy from aquarium depot who are a very major sponser who happens to sell resin.

what im saying is........not supporting sponsers or directing members to helpful sponsers for products they sell is abit silly.
when functions like imacsa need the big monies put in to fly guests over and pay for venues etc etc......not supporting them could backfire and the people who ask for the events to take place.;)

I always support sponsors but if I can get the same product for cheaper I wouldn't hesitate to get it cheaper & yes it helps the pocket during these hard times.

Oh yes I remember imacsa the last one was in 2011 if I remember correctly but really hope it comes back... ;)

all of the stores mentioned above either have sponsered or buy from aquarium depot who are a very major sponser who happens to sell resin.

So does that mean that we can punt the likes of any shop who buys from AD?
Effectively rendering a shop putting money towards sponsorship superfluous? Unless of course they want their own subforum?
Or can we punt someone that once was a sponsor and no longer is? But does or did buy from AD?
This is all too confusing for me..

Last edited:
Fortunately/unfortunately puritech supply certain products that are cheaper than going to the retailers. I'm all for supporting sponsors, however it's not a personal attack on any sponsor if there is a cheaper route. No offence intended towards anyone or any business.

Back
Top Bottom