Tank Progress

Reaction score
Well, I now have 2.8kg of live rock (kenyan) which went in the tank this morning. So far, the tank has been running for 1 full day, with the skimmer & filter going the whole time.

Here are some preliminary pics of the tank with the Live Rock inside...

23144abdee9e3df65.jpg

And of each individual piece...

This is my favourite piece...

I'm busy making a framework out of plastic mesh, so that there can be a bit more surface area for things to happen.

Anyway - Stupid question time.

When can i expect to start seeing some algal growth in the tank? I've heard reports from 2 days all the way to 2 weeks...

This depends on the pollutants in your tank especially phosphates and silicates so anyhting from a few days to a few weeks. I never got any algae during my cycle a few years ago

So if it's all in the "acceptable" range, I might not get to see the start of the little eco-system until a couple of things have grown on the LR?

Oh - and will things start to grow when all is 100%, or will I have to introduce different species to get some life going?

You can get stuff growing now and even in a few years it's all about the water parameters! If there is a sudden change in parameters it causes some stuff to start grow.

Hi bra take it slow,i will say lights off for 4 weeks and add some prime every week 2 caps and satabality every 3rd day or so, aswell both products by seachem,your paramaters should be kh 10-12, ph 8,2-8,4, cal 400, salanity 1024-1026,try to buy seachem products its by far the best,for kh reefbuilder, ph reefbuffer, cal reefadvantage calcium and not to forget water changes of 50 lts every week and you will be off to a great tank
all the best
imran

Back
Top Bottom