Takumi's little piece of ocean

Looking good there bro!. I need to come and visit you to learn so of your photography skills.:yeahdude:

you always welcome ... any how i wanna come take some pics of your tank ... and i still owe IMARINE a shoot .... i'm by no means a pro but would love the practice ....

No - not too much info! I too have a DSLR - and am still "learning" again how to use it (I used to know "something" about photography - I learnt from some awesome books I had) - BUT, aquarium photography is SOMETHING ELSE!

i am an amateur at best myself , as you know it's all about the light .. i mainly do car pics in fairly good light ... so i struggle with the tank aswell ... but i must say I have a mega shot planned for that clown tank at 2 oceans aquarium :p the theory is there but i will see if it works ...

Great pics, love the royal gramma, does it behave?

it does behave as most of the fish are bigger except my regal and now they are about the same size ... initially he was quite aggressive and I must say i thought i was going to loose my regal again ... that gramma has quite a big mouth ... i recently saw him give the regal a bit of warning but nothing serious ...

pic of my sailfin ...

9654975f16fb341f.jpg

very nice

Takumi - you say that you use Shutter priority and Aperture priority on the Sony Alpha DSLR.
What shutter speeds/aperture settings do you set this to?

Also - I DEFINITELY think that the 70mm to 300mm telephoto lense makes a HUGE difference.... I have a Pentax analogue 35-mm camera - and I have a 70mm to 300mm telephoto lense for this camera of mine...
BUT - unfortunately, I cannot use this awesome lense with my Nikon D40 DSLR :(

Takumi - you say that you use Shutter priority and Aperture priority on the Sony Alpha DSLR.
What shutter speeds/aperture settings do you set this to?

Also - I DEFINITELY think that the 70mm to 300mm telephoto lense makes a HUGE difference.... I have a Pentax analogue 35-mm camera - and I have a 70mm to 300mm telephoto lense for this camera of mine...
BUT - unfortunately, I cannot use this awesome lense with my Nikon D40 DSLR :(

The aperture really depends on my what my light meter on the camera indicates and i will adjust accordingly ... for my shutter speed i try to go as fast as i can ....

So generally I would say shutter speed around 1/125 and ISO on auto or about 600 to 800 ...

Are you using a D40 or D40X .... I use to use a D40X before (borrowed from my uncle) and then i realised i needed to get a SLR

Hi Takumi - no - just the D40..... With standard 18mm to 55mm telephoto lense....

a good lense to get is the VR 18-200/250 ... it's a very good versatile lense .... i know with the fish though it cucks up all my money ;)

a good lense to get is the VR 18-200/250 ... it's a very good versatile lense .... i know with the fish though it cucks up all my money ;)

Cool! Right! BUT, as you said hey - bloody lenses are HUGELY expensive! And the marines is like a HUGE GAPING BLACK hole where money dissappears into! ;)

Cool! Right! BUT, as you said hey - bloody lenses are HUGELY expensive! And the marines is like a HUGE GAPING BLACK hole where money dissappears into! ;)

i feel it with you .. kinda hoping my flame does'nt come this week ....

Back
Top Bottom